Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bumping this thread back from the dead...

Love Volk TE37! I've enjoyed Advan RS wheels on my Evo for many years. Volk & Advan are probably #1 and #2 when it comes to high quality Japanese forged & flow-formed aluminum wheels.

Never thought I'd be considering spending the money, but as I switch from modding my Japanese performance car to modding my Japanese truck, they help me with the transition.

Anyone know if any vendors on this site sell Volk TE37 for the Tundra?

I've found a place online (Evasivemotorsports) selling the size I want (18x9 +0 offset) but as far as I know they don't have any relationship with Tundratalk.

Also, I'd love to see pics of anyone's Tundra with TE37 if they car to share...thinking about 285/65 - 18 Toyo Open Country AT II...thoughts on these tires?

Planning on using OEM wheel/tire set as winter set-up. Do folks recommend buying OEM TPMS for second wheel tire set or will any aftermarket TPMS do?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Evasivemotorsports has them at ~$825/piece, but yeah, they aren't cheap!

Like another member said however, sometimes you get what you pay for - these are some of the finest forged aluminum wheels on the market.

It's cars were talking about here too of course, we're auto enthusiasts, we're an emotional & passionate bunch...don't come in here with your financial responsibility! Ha!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bumping this thread back from the dead...

Love Volk TE37! I've enjoyed Advan RS wheels on my Evo for many years. Volk & Advan are probably #1 and #2 when it comes to high quality Japanese forged & flow-formed aluminum wheels.

Never thought I'd be considering spending the money, but as I switch from modding my Japanese performance car to modding my Japanese truck, they help me with the transition.

Anyone know if any vendors on this site sell Volk TE37 for the Tundra?

I've found a place online (Evasivemotorsports) selling the size I want (18x9 +0 offset) but as far as I know they don't have any relationship with Tundratalk.

Also, I'd love to see pics of anyone's Tundra with TE37 if they car to share...thinking about 285/65 - 18 Toyo Open Country AT II...thoughts on these tires?

Planning on using OEM wheel/tire set as winter set-up. Do folks recommend buying OEM TPMS for second wheel tire set or will any aftermarket TPMS do?
I'm gonna be buying a set soon and I would also like to know about the tpms. Wondering if oem tpms sensors will fit. Also the Toyo open country tires is what I'm looking for also.

·
Registered
471 Posts
OEM tpms from factory alloys should work. OEM tpms from steelies mount at a different angle and wouldn't fit without "bands" or mounting them backwards.

My biggest gripe with te37's is they either come in 18 or 20x9 +0 and x9.5 +55 - no in between. The +0 is concave face and looks the best IMHO, but requires a few mods to look good and get the right fitment (fender liner mod, mud guard removal, 2.5" front level at minimum) and more extensive mods (CMC, bigger lift, steel bumper, etc.) if you want to run 35"+ tires

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered 20x9.5 55 offset, comes around November-December. I want street stock look with TE37 to be different from others . I’ll post when it arrives.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ordered 20x9.5 55 offset, comes around November-December. I want street stock look with TE37 to be different from others . I’ll post when it arrives.
Ordered mine 22Jul, and they're expected to hit Customs in late Sept and be in hand during October. It's an expensive wheel for a 20", and rolling in the cost of accessories will eat your wallet whole. The 18"s will likely need all of these accessories too, if you want them to look "complete." Be aware: the list below is what I actually ordered and includes variety of undisclosed percentages of military discount on some (but not all) items.
Pics will wind up in my forum Garage here when they are onboard; I can't wait. I've had Volk GT-Cs on a MKIV Supra, Ray's Gram Lights on a FD3S, and an ultra-nice wheelset is far and away the most impactful appearance mod, imo. Between the cost and the fact that they only import 2 or 3 sets per color and size each year, you will not be seeing these in person very often at all. I love the Method Fuel, but I can't justify choosing a custom wheel for my truck and then enjoy sharing a parking lot with 2 other guys who also have them every time I park. I AM that shallow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TE37Ultra-209... RAYS VOLK Racing TE37Ultra Large PCD 20x9.5 +0mm 5x150 Diamond Dark Gunmetal
4 each 1,068.75 4,275.00T

33006B Muteki Monster M14 x 1.5 Black Open End (black lug nuts)
1 set 58.00 58.00T

33007B Muteki Monster Lug Cap - 20PC Set - M14x1.5 - Black (caps to keep gunk out of those lug nuts)
1 set 20.00 20.00T

45930B Wheel Mate TPMS Valve Stem Covers - Black (metal valve caps)
1 set 10.00 10.00T

WCTE37LAR... RAYS TE37 Large PCD Center Cap PCD 5x150 (the only centercaps that fit Tundras)
4 each 110.00 440.00T

Shipping Shipping Rate
1 each 150.00 150.00T

Total: 4,953.00

Special
***** 50% Deposit *****
***** ETA 8-12 weeks estimated wait time *****
***** NO CANCELLATION *****

21 - 35 of 35 Posts