Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just installed a Volant intake today.. I have a lot about people having issue with a gap between fender to intake but I fix it easily by moving the coupling around to fill in the cap...

My problem is did you guys have problem reaching the breather hose to the intake cause it didn't reach the intake on mines and my buddy said he didn't have the problem I have... Anyways, I'm hoping I'm not the only one where I can reach the breather hose to the volant itself.. Below you'll see the breather hose max out in length and can't reach the intake... I had to temporary remove the bracket bolt that hold the t-fitting hose to the intake manifold to let it reach far enough to connect... Let me know what u guys did

Auto part Vehicle Car

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I'll check mine at lunch ... But I want to say I had an additional piece of hose to fill the gap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after I called volant today.. They told me there's an extension which they gave me the specs which is an 1/2 inch straight fit and 1/2 in tubing x 3 inch which came out great.

Now if I want the cai to seal complete to the fenderwall better, what would u guys recommend to use buy at Home Depot or anywhere ?

I just did 400 miles trip today, didn't notice any gain in mpg (12.6) but seems like I feel a little more power at certain time... When I floor the pedal, I hear a slight growling sound and for some reason my bamuffler sounds a little different.. Is that normal ?

G

·
Well after I called volant today.. They told me there's an extension which they gave me the specs which is an 1/2 inch straight fit and 1/2 in tubing x 3 inch which came out great.

Now if I want the cai to seal complete to the fenderwall better, what would u guys recommend to use buy at Home Depot or anywhere ?

I just did 400 miles trip today, didn't notice any gain in mpg (12.6) but seems like I feel a little more power at certain time... When I floor the pedal, I hear a slight growling sound and for some reason my bamuffler sounds a little different.. Is that normal ?
Long and short of it... Yes

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What if I didn't install the maf sensor gasket which I didn't get from volant, will that affect anything ? Also what u guys use to completely seal the fenderwall to cai ?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Ahaha ... I bought mine used and there was no gasket. Feeling like there should have been and doing an install on Sunday when everythings closed, I improvised. It's actually 3m vhb tape ... So far so good!

Mpgs ... You might see a little gain if anthing.

Growl ... Yep that's normal and half the fun.

Wheel well .... It came with a foam gasket for that end. Didn't seem like it would work at first but when together and installed its against that wall pretty well ... If anything maybe just another layer of the same stuff?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahaha ... I bought mine used and there was no gasket. Feeling like there should have been and doing an install on Sunday when everythings closed, I improvised. It's actually 3m vhb tape ... So far so good!

Mpgs ... You might see a little gain if anthing.

Growl ... Yep that's normal and half the fun.

Wheel well .... It came with a foam gasket for that end. Didn't seem like it would work at first but when together and installed its against that wall pretty well ... If anything maybe just another layer of the same stuff?
What would u call that foam sealing tape ? I went to come depot and wondering what section will it be under lol... Ok I was avg 12.6 and after another I filled up the tank today.. Now I'm at 12.7 Woot Woot lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Probably something similar to a weatherstripping. Building materials or could maybe be with doors/windows?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone have an update when is volant going to make the final piece for the volant cai ? The piece from the cai to fender wall connection piece ? I read a post a while back saying they'll come out with a piece that goes in the fender wall to completely seal the end

·
Registered
261 Posts
curious myself about this!

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Sorry have an AFE system. Only the instructions sucked.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts