Under seat storage
[/URL][/IMG]

Old truck
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I decided to do my own alignment after bad luck locally. Had a baseline to go by, so bought a SPC Fastrax alignment gauge. This allows you to check camber and caster. Here is what I did.

Full tank of gas.
Surface must be level, used laser transit, driver rear needed 1 1/2" under it, 1 1/4" passenger rear. Then attach gauge to rim and set camber, then perform caster sweep to check. This took awhile, but my results were good.

Fastrax attached to wheel
[/URL][/IMG]
.1 degree camber driver side
[/URL][/IMG]
1.7 degree caster driver side
[/URL][/IMG]
.1 degree camber passenger side
[/URL][/IMG]
2.0 degree caster passenger side
[/URL][/IMG]
Toe is set to 1/8" inch total, 1/16" per side. The following pics illustrate string down both sides off vehicle set 12" from the center of front and rear wheel hub to check toe per side. The other is my wooden toe gauge clamped to each wheel, these are used to check total to, and assist with toe per side.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added some rock rails. They're not worth much as rock rails, but are pretty beefy, and the main intention is protection from rock chips. Wasn't sure how they would look, but I like them.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do the 6112's get about the same lift as the 5100 adjustables? About 2.5 inches? If so, are you having any tire hitting issues at full crank in the front? Diff drop kit? Asking a lot because getting ready to do something similar. Considering 275/70/18 or 205/70/18

·
Registered
8 Posts
holy long bed batman. Every time i see one of these it shows me how short my short bed really is.

Looks great, love the methods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do the 6112's get about the same lift as the 5100 adjustables? About 2.5 inches? If so, are you having any tire hitting issues at full crank in the front? Diff drop kit? Asking a lot because getting ready to do something similar. Considering 275/70/18 or 205/70/18
2.5" lift with top setting and 1 shim on drivers side with 6112's. No diff drop(personal preference), and no rub with no mudflaps, and cutting front bumper liner. 305/65 r18 fit, and looked better IMO, on my last tundra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got locked out, so had to change my name.

Made some changes, added Tuff Country ball joint upper control arms, Coachbuilder shim on both sides(2 driver-1pass.), and Revtek diff drop kit. All good stuff!??

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Arms made a huge difference, aligns great, drives noticeably better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How does the wood help you measure toe vs taking the measurement at the front and rear edges of the wheels?

Truck looks great by the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How does the wood help you measure toe vs taking the measurement at the front and rear edges of the wheels?

Truck looks great by the way.
That is what the wood does, it allows toe to be measured at the outside edge of the tire. Measuring at the wheel is useless for setting toe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is what the wood does, it allows toe to be measured at the outside edge of the tire. Measuring at the wheel is useless for setting toe.
Measuring at the rim is not useless in my experience after years of corner weighting and aligning track cars. It does work quite well and I suppose measuring at the tire should as well so long as the sidewalls and wood are true. Particularly since the toe angle we are shooting for is so small.

I just saw the wood and having always measured at the wheel it didn't dawn on me what was being done with the wood. Im new here but it's cool to see the OP take the time to dial in the alignment himself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my username back. Picked up Techstream, disabled the driver steering wheel/seat return crap, and turned the alarm on. It is nice to have and allows a good deal of customization. Not much more till Magnusson has the the supercharger tuning for the 16's figured out, Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I just did my own alignment too. Did you have excessive positive camber before you added the UCAs? I have BOSS coilovers up front at about 2.5" lift but can't get camber lower than about 1.5* with the stock upper and lower arms. Caster is about 2.5*.

I didn't spend a ton of time on camber after I maxed out the eccentrics. Maybe fiddling would have helped, but it was 111* in the garage...

Tapatalk - because smoke signals would be too easy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts