Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been doing a ton of digging on what my issue could be. I have a Viper Remote Start(I think it's the 5706V) and my truck will not start in the cold(I'll say 45ish degrees and colder).

When I try the remote start, it sounds like the starter is going, but it just never starts.

Here is what i've done so far, troubleshooting wise:

1. I literally changed my battery to an Optima Yellowtop(D27F) on Thursday(12/28/17). Didn't work.
2. I've changed the Engine Checking Modes to Tach and Virtual Tach. Neither mode worked.
3. I've changed the Engine Checking Mode to OFF and extended the crank time to almost 2 seconds. Didn't work.
*4. I read online where someone said it could be the "bypass module." They said to put your key in the ignition then try the remote start. I've had this work twice.

I put an asterisk by 4 because I cannot believe that's the problem. Why would that issue only arise in cold weather? I've also noticed that pretty much every time I start the truck with the key, I can immediately turn the truck off, and then use the remote start and it will work, regardless of temperature. That's another reason I can't believe it's the bypass module.

I've downloaded the install guide for the Viper and the "interface module" that I think was installed with it(EXPRESSKIT DBALL2). I got it done at BestBuy two years ago almost. So i'm just trying to see kind of how it's installed and what not and might try and look at it this week.

I'm just lost as to what could be the problem if it isn't any of those mentioned. Any ideas? My last resort is to go to BestBuy with it, but I don't have confidence they'll know the issue and by the time I get there, the truck would have to be completely cold to replicate the issue.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
doesn't best buy warranty their work for life?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.