Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would post an alternative to plastidip.... vinyl wrapping!
Theres absolutely no upkeep with vinyl wrap, and I take it to the car wash as needed! I even powerwashed it the other day!
My tundra is wrapped in matte red 3M 1080 Scotchprint from Ikon Wraps!

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Price to wrap?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the finish you are looking for. There are hundreds of colors, and its not too difficult to install yourself. To wrap an entire tundra, your looking at about $600 in material.
Now, once its installed, it wont hurt the paint what so ever when removed, and even protects it.
Benefits, no upkeep, smooth to the touch and looks better than paint (no blemishes or swirls). 3M warranty on 1080 Scotchprint is 3 years!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
608 Posts
love that bumper

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
vinyl over chrome?

Does the vinyl stick to the chrome very well?

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I've thought about doing mine a few times. I have a buddy that does it. Says he would do it for the cost of materials. I've got a ding or two that would have to be taken care of.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Man that looks amazing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yeah, The only thing that holds me back is my red truck.. If I did it a different color all the door jams would still be red and that just looks like crap..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
Real close to doing this... I need to stop looking at pictures..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice! This icon website says everything they have is out of stock? Weird!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The iKon site hasnt officially been launched yet. Should be up in a week or two they say. AutoVinylSolutions has been selling wraps for years.
The vinyl sticks great to the ugly chrome bumpers and just requires the trim pieces to be removed for installation. Much better than plastidip, as you can power wash it!

The hood is done with Brushed Black Metallic overlaid onto the matte red vinyl!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
How much vinyl would I need to just do the front bumper and rear bumper? Will it color match the "Super White" oem paint job relatively well?

·
Registered
277 Posts
The iKon site hasnt officially been launched yet. Should be up in a week or two they say. AutoVinylSolutions has been selling wraps for years.
The vinyl sticks great to the ugly chrome bumpers and just requires the trim pieces to be removed for installation. Much better than plastidip, as you can power wash it!

The hood is done with Brushed Black Metallic overlaid onto the matte red vinyl!
I agree that a vinyl wrap is better than plasti dip, but it is much more expensive and takes some experience and skill to install it correctly. Also, there is no issue with pressure washing plasti dip... see the video below at 6:20

Myths About Plasti Dip (Vol 1) - YouTube!

Reactions: NJMonster
1 - 20 of 20 Posts