Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 TRD and I am looking for some advice on leveling it out. I don't know anything really about sespension I have 275/65R18 wheeels on it and would like to keep the factory size tire on it. I do a lot of driving on the highway with it and I want to keep as much of the factory smooth ride it has as I can. Any ideas for me?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
2 options really, strut spacer or Bilstein 5100 shocks.

I would go with the shocks since you want to keep stock tires. A 3" spacer lift will look funny with stock tires. The shocks are adjustable height 0-2.5 inches of lift and look better with stock height tires.

If you choose a spacer, Low Range Offroad makes a nice kit as well as Toytec.

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/inde...bilstein-5100-adjustable-ride-height-kit.html

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/inde...12-3-leveling-lift-kit-for-toyota-tundra.html

Pic with 5100s and stock tires

LRO with stock tires

·
Registered
156 Posts
you might want to check out maxtrac. I ordered the leveling kit from maxtrac for a very reasonable price. but I think boudin is correct, it looks awkward with a leveling kit and stock tires...might want to go the route of bilsteins.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using the 5100 how do you know how high to adjust it? I was reading about the shock and you ahve to have it off the truck to adjust it. What a pian that would be to put it all together and it rides high.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just installed the 5100's on my 06. Adjustment on the truck was very easy. Pop the tire off, use supplied wrenches and adjust up or down by turning the bottom nuts.
After doing some reading I think the second gen truck setup is different, sorry.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Using the 5100 how do you know how high to adjust it? I was reading about the shock and you ahve to have it off the truck to adjust it. What a pian that would be to put it all together and it rides high.
Get a jack and a tape measure. Measure from the ground to the edge of the fender. Jack it up 0.7, 1.7, 2.5"s or whatever the options are and see what you like, that's your setting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
can also do the Rancho's...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts