Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm installing a device that measures friction (between tires and road surface),vehicle speed, distance etc. in my Tundra.
This thing needs be hooked up with the speed signal, brake light and reverse light wires to work properly.

This is where I need your help, where do I find these wires inside the cab? The device will sit on the dash.

I have installed a couple of these before but only in cars that are available in Europe. The manufacturer can only supply wiring diagrams for vehicles that exists in their European vehicle database. The closest they could come was a Land Cruiser...

My truck is a MY 16 Platinum Crewmax

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
And why....just curious....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the device I'm talking about:

Coralba µ

I'm running a couple of automotive winter proving grounds, we use this device to measure friction on our polished ice areas to determine if or what kind of maintenance is needed, if the Zamboni has to go out or whatever it can be..

It's also good for measuring distance because it's super accurate. We are building A LOT of tracks on frozen lakes and then this device helps a lot because there a lot of measuring since these tracks has to be redone every year, they all melt away when spring comes... It's nicer and faster to do it in a warm car than running around freezing your with a tape measure...

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
You might need a professional for this. This sounds like a sponsored event and with that said whatever equipment you use will have to be calibrated. This is more of a legal "cover your a$$" thing. If you were to be in a sanctioned race by SCCA or similar with high dollar prizes you wouldn't want amateurs recording or measuring your time or speed.

Super accurate = equipment needs to be calibrated by professionals otherwise it's not proven to be accurate

·
Registered
538 Posts
If the wiring is the same as the 2nd gen, you can get all those from behind the head unit

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You might need a professional for this. This sounds like a sponsored event and with that said whatever equipment you use will have to be calibrated. This is more of a legal "cover your a$$" thing. If you were to be in a sanctioned race by SCCA or similar with high dollar prizes you wouldn't want amateurs recording or measuring your time or speed.

Super accurate = equipment needs to be calibrated by professionals otherwise it's not proven to be accurate
First of all, no sponsors involved whatsoever. I just wanted a little help to get things done faster, I thought that that was what this forum was for.

Second, of course it has to be calibrated after installation but that is fairly easy if you know how it's done. I use to calibrate the ones we already have every now and then to make sure it's as accurate as it can be.

Regarding accuracy there is also a rally version of this device which is used by the co-drivers in WRC to keep track of their notes, so I guess if it's good enough for them... Maybe they are fine with "amateur" stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wasn't the same as the newer JBL head units..

I think I would pretty much just need the wiring diagram with pin-outs for the 2014- JBL head unit, does anyone know where I can find that?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Wasn't the same as the newer JBL head units..

I think I would pretty much just need the wiring diagram with pin-outs for the 2014- JBL head unit, does anyone know where I can find that?

Can you snap some pics of your connectors? You can also look in the audio section if you know what they look like

·
Registered
538 Posts
actually, i found a pdf that should help out

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your effort!

I have been looking around all over but only found a lot of non-JBL stuff.

Thanks again! Now I will just look for where I can find the brake light wire inside the cab, that should be rather easy though.
No problem! You should do a write up, pretty cool idea

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.