Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put OME 614's on the front with coach's +3 in the back. When looking at the truck from the rear the driver's side of the bed is noticeably lower than the passenger side. I know coach makes shims, but I was thinking that I may want more rake. Could I use... say a 1.5" block on the LH and a 1" block on the RH to get more rake and level it out? Would this cause any issues? Would there be any problems? I really do not want to have to go the airbag route. Thanks for any help guys!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The left will be approx 3/4" lower than the right but it has nothing to do with your rear leaf. You need to shim your LF shock to even it out. I recently installed 2 shims on the left side and my left and right is perfectly leveled now. If you want more rear lift, I recommend either OME leaf pack, Add-a-leaf or Icon expansion pack. Icon expansion pack will provide 1.5" rear lift but it will not make it stiffer than stock while add a leaf will. OME leaf pack is a bit expensive and it will provide 3" rear lift but it is the best option for me since I am doing 5" rear lift. I don't recommend blocks because it will mess with your driveline and you will ended up with a drive line spacer .

I highly recommend Icon expansion pack with David's +3" shackles and his poly bushing for the leaf spring to replace the stock rubber.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The left will be approx 3/4" lower than the right but it has nothing to do with your rear leaf. You need to shim your LF shock to even it out. I recently installed 2 shims on the left side and my left and right is perfectly leveled now. If you want more rear lift, I recommend either OME leaf pack, Add-a-leaf or Icon expansion pack. Icon expansion pack will provide 1.5" rear lift but it will not make it stiffer than stock while add a leaf will. OME leaf pack is a bit expensive and it will provide 3" rear lift but it is the best option for me since I am doing 5" rear lift. I don't recommend blocks because it will mess with your driveline and you will ended up with a drive line spacer .

I highly recommend Icon expansion pack with David's +3" shackles and his poly bushing for the leaf spring to replace the stock rubber.
yo i have to get to the top of the driver side strut to install CB Shims which way is easier disconnect the upper control are from spindle or disconnect LCA from the spindle? never dealt with bolts to a spindle so seems like it would be easier and do I actually have to losen the bolts or can I apply enough pressure to do what I have to do which is just install a shim on upper strut mount I don't need the strut removed just need to get to the top of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts