Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've narrowed my search down to either a new (18) or dropping back a couple years and finding a low mileage 14 or 15, and saving some money. My truck is usually only driven roughly 800 miles a month. I know 18 they upgraded the headlights, but other than that, are there any big positives to going with a new over used toyota?

I found a 2015, with a few more options than I'll be able to get if I buy new, so now my comparisons are looking at a 2015 with alot more options with 40k or less miles, or a less equipped 18.

How many of you went used over new or vice versus...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Locally, I could only find used pickups with 15K to 20K miles per year on them, and the asking price was always within a few thousand dollars of new. So I bit the proverbial bullet and bought new. At least that way I know where the miles are coming from.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I guess when I compare apples to apples, you're probably only talking a few thousand dollars, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a fully equipped used vs. a basic sr5 new.

Are the options worth the miles is the real question......

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had been looking at used trucks for awhile, didn't want to spend the money on a new one. Like Uncle_Charlie stated, I was finding that the used ones were close to the cost of a new one. Considering all of the flooding that was going on in the south, I was also concerned about getting a flood vehicle. Bit the bullet too and purchased a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.