Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check out this link - it is more complicated than just shipping it across the bridge and selling it. There may be warranty issues, financing issues and unreported previous accidents. Personally, I don't think it is worth the risk. Just my opinion though. Here are a couple articles that pop right up when you search. At the very least, I would research much more thoroughly than these articles.

Financing Previously Canadian Titled Vehicles: Beware! - DealerStrong

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-import-a-used-car-from-canada-3308369

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm from Alberta and I purchased and imported my truck from the states therefore saving a truckload of $$$, does it even make sense going the opposite way?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm from Alberta and I purchased and imported my truck from the states therefore saving a truckload of $$$, does it even make sense going the opposite way?
When was that?

There are tons of trucks going to USA right now from Alberta since our $ is so weak. It is driving the used truck prices up here.

Just an aside, for anyone else considering a used Tundra from Alberta. It is going to be fairly rare that someone in the oilfield runs one. Most trucks in the field are domestics, this is mostly due to better dealer network.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When was that?

There are tons of trucks going to USA right now from Alberta since our $ is so weak. It is driving the used truck prices up here.

Just an aside, for anyone else considering a used Tundra from Alberta. It is going to be fairly rare that someone in the oilfield runs one. Most trucks in the field are domestics, this is mostly due to better dealer network.
Gotta say it was back in 2010 when USD $1 was about CAD $1.1 or so.

And I agree with the oilfield trucks being mostly domestic, I'm in the oilfield and most trucks are HD trucks, which Tundra is not. There are some Tundras, but not much at all. If you want to be sure, don't get white since that's a color of choice for the company vehicles.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I purchased a used BLACK 12 CM that was from Alberta

Previous owner took very good care of it
I actually have the car fax for it and it passed with flying colors and had zero issues with getting it financed and insured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.