Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Most USB's put out 5v and 1 amp for iPhones and 2amps for Androids. Its the same in the truck but it is a lot lower amperage I want to say under 1a but that just my guesstimate... Tablets are 12v not sure on the amperage

Reactions: Grumble69

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I did some spring cleaning and tossed out all my extra usb cables or I'd sacrifice one and test it. Fate loves me that way. Based on yall's comments, I'm going to guess 1a tops which isn't enough to use my tablet's GPS. So I'll get a $10 2a car charger.

Thx!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yeah, I did some spring cleaning and tossed out all my extra usb cables or I'd sacrifice one and test it. Fate loves me that way. Based on yall's comments, I'm going to guess 1a tops which isn't enough to use my tablet's GPS. So I'll get a $10 2a car charger.

Thx!
From the south :D

Reactions: Grumble69

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guilty! ...we've come along way though. I didn't call it a thingie mabob and have yall spend 100 posts trying to figure out what I was asking about. :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hey I'm from the south to! I know what your talkin about

·
Registered
85 Posts
from what i can tell just using map features on my phone the usb port doesn't charge the phone very well...it appears if you want to use the phone while charging to keep a good charge or charge..you'll need a 2A port..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts