Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and searched but no luck. I'm looking for specs behind the URD Pulley for the TRD S/C. I understand it will boost your psi up 2-3psi. Bit I was wondering if anyone has proof of this and what the dyno readings came out to.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nope, no one can produce an actual dyno with just the pulley change I guess. It is all assumption driven.

Also, the best you will find is people claiming it pulls harder and also whines at a higher pitch. If the higher pitch whine is indicative of anything, it is just indicative of more turbulence, which does not necessarily mean more power.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Based on boost gauge it will increase 2-3 psi. I never had the truck dyno'd to confirm actual power increase

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no one can produce an actual dyno with just the pulley change I guess. It is all assumption driven.

Also, the best you will find is people claiming it pulls harder and also whines at a higher pitch. If the higher pitch whine is indicative of anything, it is just indicative of more turbulence, which does not necessarily mean more power.
Ok well i ordered the URD Pulley so ill try and produce some Dyno Sheets for anyone who is interested.
Im having a hard time here in Maryland finding someone who has any know how on tuning the Tundras.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Messing with pulleys will give you marginal gains and greater risk of expensive problems.
This is true only in certain circumstances. The Small Change between stock and URD Pulleys is not going any where close to harming anymore then the normal with the supercharger. Now Changing other drive pulleys does def give you greater potential of failure, at least in my experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is true only in certain circumstances. The Small Change between stock and URD Pulleys is not going any where close to harming anymore then the normal with the supercharger. Now Changing other drive pulleys does def give you greater potential of failure, at least in my experience.

I doubly agree with changing the other drive pulleys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts