Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First I pulled the grill off and cut all the tabs on the upper grill. So the driver side of the bar I did one screw thru the plastic part of the grill as the wires are on this side. Very min cutting on that side. The passenger side I had to cut a bit more but fab'ed a metal bracket to attach to the stock 10mm grill mount. The switch is a on board air one that mounts in factory knock out. I made my own wiring harness for the light bar. I took the factory fuse box apart and ran all wires to there. This is also where I pulled my 12v from and when to factor ground. I mounted the relay with fuse in the factory fuse box attached with a plastic pop screw so no chance of a metal screw causing problems. I ground the light bar ground on the grill drop down mounts. So all I had to run was one power wire to the bar. I put it in wire looms and used a bit larger wire holder to allow for some play in it for opening and closing the hood. I had to shave just a bit off the heat sink fins and hood latch to allow for proper hood latch function. All in all it went good and is a very clean install with exception of one slip of the saw blade on the passenger side of the grill. But it prob something I will see as it's small and you can't see it from 2 ft away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.