Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax SR5 with the 5.7 V8.

I am looking for suggestions on LED or HID options to upgrade the stock headlights(hopefully without changing the stock housings). Also want to add fog lights onto the truck as well. What options are out there that wont break the bank that are quality, I know the two don't go hand in hand necessarily. Do the SR5's come pre-wired with the pigtails taped up to the frame? Looking for 5 to 8,00k on the Kelvin scale.

I am looking for a good kit to replace the stock interior lighting package, I would like to get bright whit as the color. Any good LED options out there?

Any input would be great help, is LED or HID better than the other? Which is easier and more practical to install? Links to parts would be greatly beneficial.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2008 Tundra Crewmax SR5 with the 5.7 V8.

I am looking for suggestions on LED or HID options to upgrade the stock headlights(hopefully without changing the stock housings). Also want to add fog lights onto the truck as well. What options are out there that wont break the bank that are quality, I know the two don't go hand in hand necessarily. Do the SR5's come pre-wired with the pigtails taped up to the frame? Looking for 5 to 8,00k on the Kelvin scale.

I am looking for a good kit to replace the stock interior lighting package, I would like to get bright whit as the color. Any good LED options out there?

Any input would be great help, is LED or HID better than the other? Which is easier and more practical to install? Links to parts would be greatly beneficial.

Thanks!
I have 2015 Tundra and working on same project.
I did all interior with a package of LED bulbs from Amazon. Been working great. Just input your truck details. I got some extras I could not use like glove box light, foot well lights. My truck did not support those. I did use dome, map, license plate and reverse lights. Best was the reverse light so bright and helps the BU cam view at night.

I have puddle lights under my mirrors. The stock were so bad I didn’t even know I had them until I read on this forum! Replaced with led and now lights up the entire side of my car. This was a complete light replace, not just bulbs. Amazon again.

For fog and headlights I am likely going to get from Headlight Revolution. Pricey but I feel these are important lights for safety. HR helps you find right plug and play and has very good videos.
Added led strips to the camper shell. Wired directly to the battery with fuse and switch. Amazon again.

I’m not sure where else to put LEDs. Maybe just a light bar.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts