Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just did two 2014 Tundras this week and they both came out incredible! One was a DC 2wd with just our 3.5" spindles and 1" rear shackle on 35's and the other is a CM w/ our complete 6" kit on 35's. Here are some pics...

2014 Tundra Double Cab 2wd. 3.5" spindles/1" rear shackle on 35's...

2014 Tundra Crewmax 2wd. 6" complete kit (Spindles, Strut spacers, Blocks, U-Bolts, Rear shocks & Rear box kit) on 35's...

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Sean, first off all happy thanksgiving. I just pulled the trigger on the 6" kit. The shop ordered it yesterday but I noticed that the white truck you guys did says it has a 3" block in the rear but the shop said its suppose to be a 4" kit to be level. Can u help me out,I don't want the truck to have a rake on it. it's getting installed Wednesday. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sean, first off all happy thanksgiving. I just pulled the trigger on the 6" kit. The shop ordered it yesterday but I noticed that the white truck you guys did says it has a 3" block in the rear but the shop said its suppose to be a 4" kit to be level. Can u help me out,I don't want the truck to have a rake on it. it's getting installed Wednesday. Thanks

Hey happy Thanksgiving to you as well hope you had a good holiday. I have a couple questions for you so I will shoot you a PM right now.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Hey Sean, does this look right or did the shop not seal the uca and the spindle correctly? Thanks

ImageUploadedByAG Free1388377092.809848.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Sean, does this look right or did the shop not seal the uca and the spindle correctly? Thanks

View attachment 183002

The installation looks correct and it is typical for some grease to come out of the upper ball joint when installing the spindles BUT please check to make sure that they did not tear your ball joint boot when performing the installation. If the ball joint boot is torn it can cause premature ball joint wear. If no tear on the boot, from this pic everything seems to look normal. Hope this helps, thanks!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I checked and there does not seem to be any damage to the boot. Thanks again

P.s. Love the way it rides, it feels almost like its stock 👍

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you have to change anything else? Front shocks? I'm assuming everything in the kit is all you need?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you have to change anything else? Front shocks? I'm assuming everything in the kit is all you need?
Nothing needs to be changed with our 6" kit, it comes complete! It's actually probably one of the most simple designs on the market. Spindles, strut spacers and brakelines make up the front of the kit while blocks/U-bolts, shocks and a small hardware kit make up the rest. Very simple install, tons of ground clearance due to not having to use crossmembers and a very nice "stock-like" ride!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Nothing needs to be changed with our 6" kit, it comes complete! It's actually probably one of the most simple designs on the market. Spindles, strut spacers and brakelines make up the front of the kit while blocks/U-bolts, shocks and a small hardware kit make up the rest. Very simple install, tons of ground clearance due to not having to use crossmembers and a very nice "stock-like" ride!
Sean,

Just sent you a PM regarding 6" kit

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Yeah everything is included in the kit. It re-uses your stock shocks in front and comes with lifted shocks for the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts