Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Hello, 2020 Limited CM TRD Off road. I was texting with Mike Sweers, Tacoma/Tundra Chief Engineer about no trans cooler on 19/20 models (they were removed all together). I get TC temps up to 235 and pan up to 225 non towing. Odd because window sticker still says oil/trans cooler w/tow package but every 19/20 has same setup. No trans lines leaving the transmission. The plate between warmer that had two lines to AC Condesor is gone. The warmer now acts a cooler when temps get above coolant fluid temp. They said it still stays 20% below target max tow in testing. Anyone else think 20-25% higher temps in all 19/20 models an issue long term?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe that if there is a rash of transmission failure Toyota will be hard pressed to address the issue and move to make it right. They have a lot to lose in customer confidence if not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I heard about ToyMoCo deleting the external tranny cooler on late models. Seems counterproductive to me, I‘m happy to own a 2017. I just wish that a tranny temp gauge would be standard on these trucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts