Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
They look like notto SE.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Ops my bad.. I'll back out of my last statement.. NOTTO uses metal ballasts still.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So should I take my chances with these or go with something like DDM?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Xentec

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
So should I take my chances with these or go with something like DDM?

DDM doesn't have that great a track record for shipping. They have charged several peoples credit card twice.

They are just chinese product like the others.

You could go with the TRD units which are another chinese product.

All I ever really heard was to use the "SLIM" ballasts.

Basically, who the hell knows.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
A while back I found the Chinese website who I suspect is the source for all the jobber ballast / bulb / kits sold everywhere. They had several different packaging schemes for the same junk product. In fact all the ebay specials I had come across over the years had familiar appearances on this site. Ground zero.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Buy the cheapest one you can find, they are all made in the same Chinese slave labor camp. In fact, order three or four sets...that way you increase your chances greatly that one will work. You can then use the remaining sets to keep the one good one working as parts fail on a weekly/monthly basis.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
like i had said previously somewhere, i found out why i was blowing thru ballasts...

now my connections are packed with dilectric and silicone sealant on the actual sealing surfaces... now we wait and see...

2 raptor style ballasts from vvme that are in engine bay are ok so far still, over a year...

the vvme raptor types for the fogs first one filled with water, paid 10 bucks to get another shipped to me under warranty, then a second one failed so i ordered new ddm slims, then found my plugs were corroded/rusty and full of water on the 2nd bad ballast and the 50/50 good one on the other side fog...

it had gotten to having to flick the lights a few time to get both fogs to fire, then it got to only one working, then it got to having to flick to get that one to even fire...
now it fires everytime.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
like i had said previously somewhere, i found out why i was blowing thru ballasts...

now my connections are packed with dilectric and silicone sealant on the actual sealing surfaces... now we wait and see...

2 raptor style ballasts from vvme that are in engine bay are ok so far still, over a year...

the vvme raptor types for the fogs first one filled with water, paid 10 bucks to get another shipped to me under warranty, then a second one failed so i ordered new ddm slims, then found my plugs were corroded/rusty and full of water on the 2nd bad ballast and the 50/50 good one on the other side fog...

it had gotten to having to flick the lights a few time to get both fogs to fire, then it got to only one working, then it got to having to flick to get that one to even fire...
now it fires everytime.
Powertech you got a website for the vvme lights? All I'm really looking for is lows and maybe highs. So hopefully no chance of filling with water there.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
One thing I know, the guy that Bad Dad and I bought the xentec's from will replace them in a heart beat. The only problem I have is my 3000K yellow fogs coming on when I start the truck. I have to turn them on then turn the key on or they won't light up.

I saved the regular bulbs and will put them in if they ever go completely bad. I like the look of the yellow and since I put Silver Stars in my High and Low beams, I am happy.

Or as my wife puts it, He's never "happy", he just isn't as pissed off.

·
Registered
580 Posts

now it fires everytime.
How did you coat your wires specifically? Just all over the oem connector and aftermarket one?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about Kensun? Found them on amazon.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OR... you can say goodbye to all these problems with a retro and OEM ballasts. Flickering and reliability problems gone. No chinese parts to rely on.
Alright fungus... What kind of price are we talking for a true retrofit?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DO a little research on The Retrofit Source. I did mine for less than 400. One of the best mods to date. Its well worth the time and money. Your night vision is insanely good and you wont blind anyone.
so yeah i just noticed the link you posted in the previous post... thanks.

My only problem is i'm not interested in projectors

1 - 20 of 34 Posts