Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out, I am trying to dip my badges and grill surround but I always end up with an uneven appearance. Should I apply thick wet looking coats or thin coats. I tried thin coats and ended up with a rough end result and with the thick coats I ended up with an uneven end result. Any tips?

·
Registered
156 Posts
that happened to me on my grill surround. I finally gave up after spraying 4 cans on my grille surround. Only a few spots that you can tell in the light.

I am anxious to see what everyone says on this as I had the same issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that happened to me on my grill surround. I finally gave up after spraying 4 cans on my grille surround. Only a few spots that you can tell in the light.

I am anxious to see what everyone says on this as I had the same issue.
That's funny I used three cans on my grill surround yesterday and ended up peeling off because of horrible appearance.

light coats
How many light coats should I use?

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I have found doing thicker coats gives it a smooth finish. Not so thick that it runs but thicker then you would do with a regular rattle can of paint.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I did my badges I started out light and went heavier and found that the longer it sat after the last coat it peeled off better,grill surround I went light and used many coats,it turned out good with only 1 bad spot on the bottom by the bumper which you couldn't really see, but I scuffed it with the lawnmower and took it all off and haven't had a chance to redo it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts