Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While warming up my truck tonight, I looked at the time/temp display on my dash and realized it's tilted slightly to the right. Upon further inspection I noticed the top dash is sort of wavy, with a high and low spot.

I can maybe understand this warping if I lived in Phoenix, Arizona during the summer, but up here in Oregon, it just doesn't get that hot. Anybody else experiencing this?

· Registered
1,894 Posts
what do you use to clean your dash ?

· Registered
1,894 Posts
hmm well that takes care of what I thought the problem would be.... I know the older models had a sinking dash problems, but I didn't think newer models would have the sinking dash problem. I would be heading to the dealer, I can only assume it will get worse.

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Pics would be helpful. Sinking dash on the older models was due to mounting on the passenger side sliding down. Warping of the dash would be odd. The dash is pretty hard. Not like the soft padded vinyl in the sedans that tend to crack.

· Registered
92 Posts
I also have a 2012 double cab, but I haven't seen any of the issues you've listed. yeah I doubt portland ever gets hot enough to even have to worry about a warped dash. I'm in seattle so its typically a bit colder here. But that might be something to investigate

· Registered
1,894 Posts
2011 and no dash problems, here in puget sound....

· Registered
1,441 Posts
While warming up my truck tonight, I looked at the time/temp display on my dash and realized it's tilted slightly to the right. Upon further inspection I noticed the top dash is sort of wavy, with a high and low spot.

I can maybe understand this warping if I lived in Phoenix, Arizona during the summer, but up here in Oregon, it just doesn't get that hot. Anybody else experiencing this?
It is a known Q.C. problem with Tundra dashes sinking to one side. Not just the older tundra's. I've heard of 2 other cases here on TT with people that own 2010 and a 2011.. Anyway's take it to your dealer.. They are aware of the sinking dash problem.. It's on there dime.. If they say they have never heard of it.. There full of $h!t.. Go to Tundra headquarters.com and there's a full write up on this very subject..

Reactions: [email protected]

· Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going in for my 10K oil change, so I'll have them take a look. Wasn't sure if anyone else has this problem. If I tilt my head slightly to the right, the clock display looks level:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.