Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Tundra Double Cab and I’m thinking of going with 6 6.5” subs under the seat with the port in the middle.

Or, just buy a prefab box for 4 6.5” subs. Idk yet. Don’t want to spend too much but want something that shakes the mirrors.

Aside from a custom box, any suggestions on where to get a box for my truck?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Memphis makes a nice shallow 10” sub (3” clearance) with a 200W amp already built into the box. Have one in my wife’s vehicle and it’s sounds damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have ported Memphis box but sealed and running a RF shallow P3 10” (if I recall correctly) being powered by an Alpine MV500 and I must say it sounds good.
Not really disturbing the peace loud (unless all 5 windows down), but real good inside the truck just isn’t low frequency earth shattering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have ported Memphis box but sealed and running a RF shallow P3 10” (if I recall correctly) being powered by an Alpine MV500 and I must say it sounds good.
Not really disturbing the peace loud (unless all 5 windows down), but real good inside the truck just isn’t low frequency earth shattering.

I’m running 2 of the 2019 model PRXS 350W shallow 10’s in a ported box. I’ve NEVER been a fan of ported enclosures but for some reason this new box I just got doesn’t sound too “boomy” How did you seal your port? My installer accidentally ordered the wrong box and told me to try the ported box out and if I wasn’t a fan, he would order a sealed replacement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought the ported box from local audio guy and he said the same thing as yours. So I asked him which was better for the sub and he said sealed. He just got a piece of MDF wrapped it in cloth, applied sealant and screwed it down. Oh, of course he removed the tube.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my 2017 DC I raised the rear seat about 1.5" did not have to drill, then put in a 8"diameter x 7"tall soundqube,700watt rms, 6.5 2way rear doors, 6x9 three way in front, 3.5 2way with a 400hz bass blocker on the dash corners, with a pbr300x4 for the doors and 700 watt rms for the sub, dash run from the head unit pioneer avix5800bhs. Now I need a second battery.
Sub box is down facing underneath the seat and the vent is front facing. My neighbor across the street and one house over complains about it with the windows closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts