Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always recommended my Undercover flex to others in the last 4 years.
I know it isn't advertised as 'waterproof' but when I first bought and installed it, it had decent water resistance.
Had some stuff in the bed from helping someone move yesterday and I was too tired to unload the truck last night.
Had a decent storm roll though this morning and most of the stuff in the bed got wet.

As the cover has gotten older, 4.5 years, the leaking has gotten worse.
Of course it only has a 3 year warranty.
I really thought something I paid around $1K for would at least outlast my 5 year loan term.

Anyway, looks like I'll do some retrax shopping, I had one of those on my 2005 DC.
I bought the Flex to have more room since the retrax can takes up some space.

Edit: Maybe not the Polycarbonate retrax only has a 1 year warranty..

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
That sucks. I like my used Extang I bought but I like how the Flex allows for more usable bed space especially with the 5'6" bed.
Does the drain system do much or are the seals just not as tight as new?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I thought the same about my roll-x cover, fell apart after 6 years. My neighbor is having the same issue with his now, only 4 years old. Both out of warranty along with rusted up hardware.
Going to try the tuxedo lopro as it has a lifetime warranty. Time will tell. I hate replacing things twice, especially when they are a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sucks. I like my used Extang I bought but I like how the Flex allows for more usable bed space especially with the 5'6" bed.
Does the drain system do much or are the seals just not as tight as new?
It is seeping through the panels around the metal frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts