Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reached out to Josh @Svcustoms, who put together a nice deal on a Flex tonneau and the Bedrug bed + tailgate mats. They arrived in 3 days in perfect shape. Thanks Josh @ SVC!

Installed both the other weekend—easy as pie. Worth watching some of the helpful YouTube UCFlex/Tundra videos just to pre-visualize the installation. Also wanted to get it done before it got too cool out here in New England, as the BedRug install requires adhesive velcro tape and wanted to make sure it really stuck to my spray on bedliner.

Both fit and function perfectly. I now have a deluxe 5'6" trunk which can double as a large item or high volume hauler. Only other mod I'd like to make is some kind of cargo net to hold objects down to the bed so they don't become free-wheeling inertia missiles.

On the Flex, I did a neat drainage-tube mod, buying a couple of plastic piping elbows from Home Depot (one side is a slide-on male coupler, the other side threaded).

I removed two of those plastic covers from the front bed wall (where you're supposed to run the drain tubes), drilled a hole in each cover, and routed the drain tubes through them via the plastic elbows.

One side of the plastic elbow slides into the drain tube, and the threaded end mates with the hole in the plastic cover. So a neat and tidy way to run rainwater/snowmelt off the cover and out of the bed.

Have had some rain, but haven't detected any water or leakage in the bed yet. And if there's a sprinkle of two, who really gives a shit?!

Happy with the setup. Happier with my TRD Pro.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448369741.491681.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for posting - my Tundra comes in a couple of weeks from now (hopefully!) and the tonneau has been my biggest area of internal debate. Really leaning toward the Flex. I got a bed mat but may still go with the full bed rug. Regardless, good to hear positive reviews. Like the mod idea too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does the Flex cover have an option to relocate the rails? If not, can you still use the rails with a limited travel for the tiedowns on the rail? I'm debating between the Flex and the Bakflip Fibermax but don't want to give up my rail tiedowns.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm. Not sure. I think if you search threads that you may not be able to use tiedowns with the Flex because they extend above the rail and impede a flat fit of the cover. I'm not using tiedowns...just wanted a good fitting easy to open cover, and it fits the bill for me. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Does the Flex cover have an option to relocate the rails? If not, can you still use the rails with a limited travel for the tiedowns on the rail? I'm debating between the Flex and the Bakflip Fibermax but don't want to give up my rail tiedowns.
You won't be able to use any of the Toyota tiedowns on the deck rail system with the Undercover Flex. You may be able to use them with the rail along the front side of the bed (closest to the cabin), but I haven't tried. The rails along the sides of the bed are definitely useless though with the Flex installed (if you're using Toyota tie-downs).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts