Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had an Undercover Flex installed as well as an Armadillo spray liner. I had the opportunity to see the flex and the bakfilp side by side and there are some details with the flex that made me choose it over the the bak. I like the fact of the cover not sitting against the cab of my truck when flipped upright, each section is padded to protect against rubbing against the sections it lays on top of, and the integrated nylon straps that secure the sections once all are flipped saves me from having to use tacky bungie cords. The Armadillo liner looks exactly line the Line-X liner I had on my titan but is over $100 cheaper! It seems to grip pretty well since none of the items in the bed have moved after a full day on the road.

My only gripe is not being about to use the factory rail tie downs since the flex uses the rails to mount. The tension knob is too large and hits the flex's mounting rail. Luckily I found these mini tie downs that might do the trick:

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's pretty dry. Water does get in at the corners of the tailgate because the weather stripping cover that part. Nothing I can't live with though.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Looks great. I made the mistake of buying their classic. It did what it was supposed to but I just found it a pain having a solid cover.

How secure is this once the tailgate is locked? Can it still be opened at that point or is it pretty secure against theft?

Reactions: maintrain

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. I made the mistake of buying their classic. It did what it was supposed to but I just found it a pain having a solid cover.

How secure is this once the tailgate is locked? Can it still be opened at that point or is it pretty secure against theft?
Yeah, I didn't like the idea of having to plan for hauling tall items and needing 2 people to remove it with the solid cover. The flex is pretty secure and cannot be opened when the tailgate is closed and locked. Someone with knowledge of how you open the flex could figure out away to pop it open when closed though. It is secure enough for my needs though.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Looks great. Looks very similar to BAKFlip. I like their idea of propping the cover to not stand against the cab. How much weight could it support on top of it?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Ya I guess if someone wants to break in bad enough they'll get in. I spent the money from selling my tonneau on rims though...not sure how I'd justify another tonneau to the wife.:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts