Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just want to say that these forums have a lot, I mean a lot of good information and outstanding members. I have look through hours of forums for leveling out my 07 Tundra 4x4 CrewMax SR5 TRD. I would love to go crazy with a 6+ lift, but the funds are not there. I'm stuck on what to do. I have 2 choices. First choice is go with the spacer kit with the stock Bilsteins. Second choice is to go with the 5100's. My truck has a SuperSpring already installed (bought this way). I like both choices but each one has a negative IMO. The 5100's preload and the Spacer's extend the upper and lower controls arms. So, yeah.....I don't know. This is my first Tundra, always had Dodge Cummins with the straight axle. Oh, my ride has 95,000 miles too. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck is a daily driver, i don't really see any off roading in the future. Might pull a camper again sometime(superspring should help this). Also the factory Bilstein's need to be replaced. What is so special about the TRD? Shocks? or Shocks and Springs? I just checked out the OME 3 inch lift. If i go with OME 3" 613's and the rear shocks, I should have a :D . How are the OME shocks compared to the Bilstein's? Money sometimes is no object to get things done right the first time....Picked the heavy spring because someone thinks i need a bullbar, LOL. Would be nice I guess with a lifted somewhat truck.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Yeah, like BD said, you certainly don't need/want the 613's unless you are also adding a heavy bumper. I can only speak about the 612 ride quality since I have never had the 614's but the 612 ride is very comparable to the TRD suspension (unless you throw a 1/2" shim in there like me then it stiffens up quite a bit). With the 612's you should see about 3" of lift and with the 614's probably closer to 3.5" of lift. With the 612's you would not need to purchase adjustable UCA's but with the 614's you more than likely would need to purchase them.

Personally, I have never understood why more people don't go with the 612's over things like the 5100's since the price difference is negligible and the install is essentially the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info. This makes all sense on what is being said. Now I'm decided, :). When I order the OME, gonna add the diff drop too. I'll have to add some pics before and after installation. I measured the wheel wells. Rear is at 40 1/8' and the front is 36 3/8". The OME will be the perfect kit!!!

Thank You all for the support!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back for more fun. I have the OME 612 lift kit installed! Took me a while with my busy schedule and rain constantly. But, it's done. I like the ride and height of the truck. I have to get the front alignment done yet, which is scheduled this Tuesday. I looked on Toytec's site under the FAQ's. They say to align to these specs....0 Camber and .04 Toe. I emailed them and they said this is ideal, but factory specs will also be good? Any thoughts or experience on this? Oh, here are some pics of the aftermath.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts