Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have to say, every Toyota truck I`ve ever owned the seats have been very comfortable, my 1st Gen, Tacoma, 4runner, all went on long rides back and forth to Florida, I haven`t driven my 15 that kind of distance yet, I have taken it on out of state drives (3-4hrs), and it`s been just as good as the others, and I`m 6`5 and 235lbs

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have 2013 SR5 Crewmax with 75k miles on it and I think I have just about worn out the drivers cloth seat. It is uncomfortable for any lengthy trip.

Toying with the idea of a '16 Limited Crewmax with Heated Leather or just redoing my driver seat cushions and keep going. Any input?
Can you afford a new truck? If do, buy it. If not, repair the one you have now.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
My 14 has the seats I've owned. I have a wide rear and the new seats work great. They also keep crap from falling down by the bottom of the console. II drop my phone alot and it stays in the seat. My 07 it always ended up in the floor.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love the Tundra seats. I hated the seats in the 2014 Sierra. Tundra and Ram were the most comfortable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently bought a 15 Crewmax with leather. Just drove for 4 hours straight and my back is killing me. Anyone else find the seats really uncomfortable? Solutions?
My 2017 seats are HORRIBLE. Anything over one hour is excruciating.
my 05 Tundra seats were way better and I’m praying for a solution other than trading it in.
This is a serious issue and I haven’t seen any viable recommendations on this forum.
Seriously; I should cons selling my Tundra?

·
Registered
574 Posts
The cloth seats in my 2007 SR5 were broken in by 3 previous owners over a 10 year period and 270,000 miles of use. I cleaned them up and installed a set of Wet Okole seat covers, they are very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
Maybe its the leather or the heated and cooling option for me but having 2 spinal Fusions in my recent years. I love my 2014 seats. I plow snow for my Job in a Kenworth 10 wheeler with air ride seat and it sucks. I wish my tundra seat was in there. You would think a tuck that cost 1/2 a million would have a better seat. :unsure:

Reactions: H2O MAN

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
The Pro I did a plow install on last week had horribly hard seats, made my Plat seats seem soft. And it had 12k miles on it already, so it wasn't that much younger than my truck at 19k miles.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
The seats were one of the reasons I traded my '16 Limited in for a '17 Platinum after 5 months... The Limited leather seats are like concrete benches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 6'4" 185. Bought my '15 SR5 Crewmax in early July and STILL trying to get comfortable. Have had Fords, Chevys, Caddillacs, etc and this is the only one I've ever had a problem getting comfortable in. Really bothers my lower back, even in short rides or if I adjust the seat up to take away from back pain it hurts my legs. Still looking for that sweet spot. Getting Katzkin leather put on tomorrow. Will update if that solves the problem. But please - let me know if anyone has any suggestions.
Did you ever find a solution. I'm 6'2" and 195lbs. I HATE my TRD Pro seats. I've had the truck now for 2 weeks and still haven't found a comfy position. I start getting anxiety because of it. I'm thinking of selling the truck it's so bad.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
I know there are spacers than change the angle of the seat I have seen online. Seat fix kit or something to that effect. Maybe try it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2016 TRD seats have a great angle but the cushion is way too hard. So positioning good but firmness is terrible. I have never had a passenger that sat in any seat in my truck and said wow this is nice. They all complain. My next truck I will pay more attention to the seats.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The Tundra has the worst seats possible. My wife's MDX are like La-Z-Boy's compared to the Tundra
And this is why trucks are not trucks anymore . People expect them to be fine cars .

PS. Usually the foam compound is harder for leather seats , in trucks anyway . Why have leather in a truck is way beyond me though .

21 - 36 of 36 Posts