Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 15 Crewmax with leather. Just drove for 4 hours straight and my back is killing me. Anyone else find the seats really uncomfortable? Solutions?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
yeah, I'm not blown away by how comfy they are either. i haven't found a solution, but i haven't really looked that hard.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
OP, what is your body size and height? Some say they are comfy, others not so much. Wondering if it is a 6'5" male or something else?

·
Registered
929 Posts
My 15 SR5 cloth seats are pretty comfy. Maybe we should trade, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 5 foot eleven. 200lbs. My wife also commented her back was hurting too. My last truck was a Yukon XL with big comfortable seats. Might just need to break in the seats?

·
"Likes to cuddle with Dragos"
490 Posts
I had a Tacoma prior to my 14 Tundra. The seats in it are the reason it is gone. It was so bad that after 20 minutes I had to do the gangster lean. Pam ended up driving it and i was back in the Tahoe lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
I went from a Yukon Denali XL to a Tundra...the seats in the GMC are way more comfy...the Tundra seat is a bit stiffer...even though its a leather covered bucket, the Tundra feels more like a bench BUT, I have gotten used to it and don't notice it. I have had to adjust the lean of the seat back to keep my neck from aching...has more to do with an old sports injury than anything else...

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
That's interesting. I have back injury from younger days too. I find a lot of seats uncomfortable, so often I alternate standing and seating, esp at work. But the seat in my Tundra is so comfortable for me, even on a long distance travel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think that the bigger you are, the more you appreciate these seats. I am 6'3", 275 and the only more comfortable ride I've had was my 2005 expedition. I originally wanted a Tacoma, had wanted one for years. But when my wife saw me test driving it she pointed out that I would be much more comfortable in a full size truck.

These seats are very wide and I can see a smaller person potentially having trouble finding the right comfort zone in them.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
My seats are comfortable if I have the internal bladders expanded a decent amount.
The seats are wide which I don't really touch the outer edges.
I'm 5'6" and 140.
So I don't really fill out the seat much. Haha.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Another reason I bought the Pro model. I drove all of them available in 2015. The Platinum had a Lexus like feel in the seat, I had a Lexus ES and the Platinum sure felt close. All the rest felt stiff as a board. The Pro's seat covers were a great compromise. I didn't want leather unless it was heated and cooled and the only way to get that is after market or Platinum. The 4WD Pro rode better than all of the 4WD's. After near 20,000 miles I think I made the right decision for ME. FWIW I came out of a 2014 LTZ Silverado that had so so seats. The last really comfortable truck seat I had was in my 2008 Avalanche.

We also have a 2010 4-Runner Limited and those seats are not large enough for me on long trips. The same goes for the Taco and I really like the Tacoma.

I'm 6'0 265.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm a big guy - 6' and 300+. I'm comfortable - but I did have to spend some time tweaking to get there. Seat angle, lumbar, etc. Once I found the sweet spot, now I'm good to go all day.

derp

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
6'2 230lbs and my Tundra is the road trip vehicle. I do have Wet Okle seat covers but happy as a clam.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
I've got a seriously F-ed up back. My SR5's seats are the only car seats I've found that don't hurt. In fact, my truck is the only vehicle I have found that I can drive more than about an hour before needing to stop and get out. These seats must be very polarizing because this isn't the first thread where somebody said they hate them, while others, like me, absolutely love the seats.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I had leather added to my 14 SR5.
I didn't mind the fabric, I just thought they were ugly.
I had a 60/40 split bench in my 2005 DC I never had a problem with although the wife didn't care for it..

I will say the 14 seats are much better and my wife loves them as well.
I'm 6'1" about 240, she is 5' 100 pounds.

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
to each his own. im 6'2" 245# and had a 2 level spinal fusion with hardware in 2011. I find the 2014 tundra seats more comfy than any chair in my house. Maybe it the leather seats I don't know. but the adjustable lumbar support if great/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 6'4" 185. Bought my '15 SR5 Crewmax in early July and STILL trying to get comfortable. Have had Fords, Chevys, Caddillacs, etc and this is the only one I've ever had a problem getting comfortable in. Really bothers my lower back, even in short rides or if I adjust the seat up to take away from back pain it hurts my legs. Still looking for that sweet spot. Getting Katzkin leather put on tomorrow. Will update if that solves the problem. But please - let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 2013 SR5 Crewmax with 75k miles on it and I think I have just about worn out the drivers cloth seat. It is uncomfortable for any lengthy trip.

Toying with the idea of a '16 Limited Crewmax with Heated Leather or just redoing my driver seat cushions and keep going. Any input?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts