Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
@ToyotaOfCoolSprings

Roman,

My buddy has a 2018 Tundra with a Toytec 3" kit and Coachbuilder shackles in back. His TSS has issues because of the lift, and apparently there's a recall on something to do with the sensor. However, the dealership won't honor the recall because of the lift and how it affects the sensor. Will a relocation bracket for the sensor help resolve the sensor issue.

Hard to imagine Toyota engineers adding a system that would completely malfunction because of ride height change, and void recalls. They NEVER design systems without deep consideration of the end user's needs...LOL! Just kidding.

Toyota still not paying you hand over fist for consumer feedback consulting? (Dammit, Sweers!)

Hoping that new head unit will fit our 2014-2019 Trucks. Entune is almost entirely useless for me now. Only thing I use now is the bluetooth. Still, 90K miles, and my little storm trooper is running better than ever.

Cheers,

John

(picture - first day of Texas dove season, 2019)

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
@ToyotaOfCoolSprings

Roman,

My buddy has a 2018 Tundra with a Toytec 3" kit and Coachbuilder shackles in back. His TSS has issues because of the lift, and apparently there's a recall on something to do with the sensor. However, the dealership won't honor the recall because of the lift and how it affects the sensor. Will a relocation bracket for the sensor help resolve the sensor issue.

Hard to imagine Toyota engineers adding a system that would completely malfunction because of ride height change, and void recalls. They NEVER design systems without deep consideration of the end user's needs...LOL! Just kidding.

Toyota still not paying you hand over fist for consumer feedback consulting? (Dammit, Sweers!)

Hoping that new head unit will fit our 2014-2019 Trucks. Entune is almost entirely useless for me now. Only thing I use now is the bluetooth. Still, 90K miles, and my little storm trooper is running better than ever.

Cheers,

John

(picture - first day of Texas dove season, 2019)
It's possible, though I don't think I've seen any relocation brackets for those. They have to sit right behind the emblem. I do know the recall is just for adding in this black foam stuff around the sensor, and they will not do it unless the truck is stock (no lift, no grille from a different model). I don't think adding that foam stuff will cure the issue with your buddy's truck, though. We haven't had any issues with 3" lifts and those TSS sensors.

Haven't seen a dime yet. :violin:

I think it'll physically fit, I just don't know if it will work. Not to mention those factory head units are ridiculous. I looked one up the other day and it was over $4k. Might be cheaper to just trade it in. :D

·
Supporting Vendor
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
TRD Exhaust
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ust-ptr0334160
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...ipe-ptr0334161

Do I need any miscellaneous parts to complete the installation ?
Or everything comes with them ?
You will need two new gaskets from the catalytic converter section to the new muffler section. The kit only comes with gaskets from the new muffler section to the new tailpipes. The kit includes everything else you'll need.

Here's a link to the gasket you'll need:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/oem-parts/toyota-front-pipe-gasket-90917a6002 x2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all! Long time, first time. Searched, but can’t find. I’m planning to storm troop my 2020 1794. I know the grille fitment guidance for the later models years is the same for 2018+ and on. But that was written before the 2020s existed. Do we have confirmation that 2020s haven't changed something and somehow invalidated the 2018+

·
Supporting Vendor
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Hi all! Long time, first time. Searched, but can’t find. I’m planning to storm troop my 2020 1794. I know the grille fitment guidance for the later models years is the same for 2018+ and on. But that was written before the 2020s existed. Do we have confirmation that 2020s haven't changed something and somehow invalidated the 2018+
2020 is the same. The grilles have not changed as far as fitment goes.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
@ToyotaOfCoolSprings

Roman,

I need new "rope hooks," or whatever they're called, and the accompanying hardware. They're the four factory tie-downs inside the four corners of the bed. Just sold my Decked drawer system (including the mounting bolts...derp), and I can't find my original tie-downs.

Could you hook me up with the parts codes or links? I couldn't tell if I was looking at the right parts online - all the Toyota OEM images looked like pool noodles drawn by a 3 year old. It looks like they might be sold in two sets (front and rear, but I couldn't be sure). Also couldn't tell if they came with the bolts (2 each, 8 total).

If anyone knows of a good aftermarket alternative to the factory bed corner tie-downs, I'm all ears. Couldn't find any good, American steel alternatives.

Cheers!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
@ToyotaOfCoolSprings

Roman,

I need new "rope hooks," or whatever they're called, and the accompanying hardware. They're the four factory tie-downs inside the four corners of the bed. Just sold my Decked drawer system (including the mounting bolts...derp), and I can't find my original tie-downs.

Could you hook me up with the parts codes or links? I couldn't tell if I was looking at the right parts online - all the Toyota OEM images looked like pool noodles drawn by a 3 year old. It looks like they might be sold in two sets (front and rear, but I couldn't be sure). Also couldn't tell if they came with the bolts (2 each, 8 total).

If anyone knows of a good aftermarket alternative to the factory bed corner tie-downs, I'm all ears. Couldn't find any good, American steel alternatives.

Cheers!
Yes, the drawings are terrible. These should be the correct part numbers, though. They're all sold individually.

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/oem-parts/toyota-inner-panel-hook-663120c010
https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/oem-parts/toyota-screw-hexalobular-90148a0015

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Great! Thanks, Roman. So those are the same tie-downs as the one in the attached picture? Sorry, I should have added the picture to begin with. The ones in the link look like they mount to the floor of the bed. I was referring to the ones that mount to the sides of the bed.

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #294
Great! Thanks, Roman. So those are the same tie-downs as the one in the attached picture? Sorry, I should have added the picture to begin with. The ones in the link look like they mount to the floor of the bed. I was referring to the ones that mount to the sides of the bed.
Yep, those are the ones. The picture is REALLY bad. :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Yep, those are the ones. The picture is REALLY bad. :facepalm:
How can they build truck with such horrible drawings?? Probably why we still don't have locking diffs.

...Any word about the 2021? Locking diffs perhaps? Lol

Thanks again, Roman!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
How can they build truck with such horrible drawings?? Probably why we still don't have locking diffs.

...Any word about the 2021? Locking diffs perhaps? Lol

Thanks again, Roman!
Yep. Locking diffs and a diesel option too.

>:D

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
281 - 297 of 297 Posts