Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I received the kit today. Can't get the front arm to drop down enough to get the lower bolt in. And yes, I removed the sway bar.Do I need to adjust the fronts shorter?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Installing the front set was harder then expected. Had to shorten the coilovers quite a bit to get them in. Noticed that I need sway bar bushings well I was in there. Havent figured how much lift I got yet. Wont get the back leaves installed for a few weeks due to long work hours for the next two weeks. It went up 1.5 inches, half of what it can do. Ill adjust it up higher after I install the rear leafs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With just the front done so far, the front is a lot firmer. No more bouncing up and down after bumps in the road. The back is still to soft. But Im planning on putting that together in the morning. Also gonna raise the front up higher.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been traveling alot in this truck in the last two weeks. From San Dimas to Porterville twice. Then to San Diego. The rear is still not installed. The truck rides a lot better. Question #1 I had to shorten the front coil-overs to get them in. Only went up 1.5 inches. Do I need a spring compressor to crank them up higher? Or can the adjusting nuts take the pressure of being turned up for the 3 inches of lift? Question #2, Ive installed add a leafs before. But I completely removed the spring set to do this on a bench. Can I just drop the rear end and take the spring set apart on the truck? There should be no pressure on the leafs once rear end is dropped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts