Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my UCAs.

I'm looking at (the usual) Icon, Camburg, ReadyLift, Light Racing, etc.

I've heard that Uni-Ball types are noisy and that they tend to wear out quicker, living in a place like Michigan.

I'd appreciate some good/bad feedback on any/all of them.

Oh...

Don't see a lot of off-road action.

Mostly highway miles, but that's how I [would] roll!

:lol5:

:drive:

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is a difficult question to get a true answer to. But the short of it? Would be Light Racing.
The LR UCA's have the widest range of articulation, and the least amount of limitations.
The only part of the LR's that I think they should improve is the rubber bushing. If they'd make poly bushing they would be perfect!

The others that you've mentioned are great! but depending on your set up of your suspension? Other issues maybe arise. (But I'm not going to get into all the variables)

The LR's should fit the bill for what you're looking for!;)

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The problem I keep running into, is the fact that I want to keep my stock/OEM "Rock Warrior" wheels, which apparently have too much backspacing for some UCAs (i.e. Icon, Camburg & ReadyLift).

ReadyLift requires the least amount of wheel spacing (a 1" wheel spacer was suggested).

I cannot get an answer pertaining to the Light Racing specifications/requirements.
Wheeler's Off-Road wasn't sure and Toytec said my offset (backspace especially, was "really high")

BDS is who claimed hearing of Uni-Ball UCAs being noisy and would wear out faster in Michigan's seasonal conditions

I did just find the Light Racing UCAs the cheapest price, so far...

Light Racing/SPC Upper Control Arms, 07+ Toyota Tundra, 09+ Sequoia (25490)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I remember another member saying they were on sale somewhere in the 380 range. Hopefully they will chime in for you.

Edit - Never mind, they are no longer on sale at that site

Reactions: Off_Axis

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK.

Toyo AT2:
285/75R17 (11.3" on a 8" wheel - according to their site)
285/70R17 (11.5" on a 8.5" wheel - according to their site)

So a 1" spacer should be good then (with the Light Racing UCA), I think!

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
The problem I keep running into, is the fact that I want to keep my stock/OEM "Rock Warrior" wheels, which apparently have too much backspacing for some UCAs (i.e. Icon, Camburg & ReadyLift).

ReadyLift requires the least amount of wheel spacing (a 1" wheel spacer was suggested).

I cannot get an answer pertaining to the Light Racing specifications/requirements.
Wheeler's Off-Road wasn't sure and Toytec said my offset (backspace especially, was "really high")

BDS is who claimed hearing of Uni-Ball UCAs being noisy and would wear out faster in Michigan's seasonal conditions

I did just find the Light Racing UCAs the cheapest price, so far...

Light Racing/SPC Upper Control Arms, 07+ Toyota Tundra, 09+ Sequoia (25490)
I am looking at the light racing UCA's as well, Fat Bobs has them the cheapest so far at $399.

http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/light-...-arms-toyota-tundra-pair-2007-2012-p8740.aspx

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I have the camburg ball joint arms with stock RW wheels and tires, no issue. A 285/75 to me looks like it would fit but taller I will need a spacer to keep it off the control arm

Reactions: Off_Axis

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not many lift can work with the stock offset of the factory rims, UCA's or no UCA's. (That's just how it is)
Wheel spacers are the best way if you want to keep your factory rims.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I have been over to the 4runner site and L.R. UCA have had warm/cold reviews with one guys cracking at the bolt holding them to frame!?! IT MIGHT BE LIKE THE 5100 WHERE SOME HAVE ISSUES BUT MOST LIKE ME NOT. Also issues with their bushings falling apart.
Company will replace but if you're not the one doing the work, it could get expensive.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Fat Bob's Garage has the Light Racing UCA on sale they have the lowest price. Sierra Expeditions had the lowest price when I bought them, but they are no longer on sale there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts