Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if UCA's would be needed if I went with OME 614's with a replacement bumper?

I was pretty much dead set on 614's with UCA's and CB in the back until I saw a tundra with a winch bumper this weekend while camping and now I would like to figure out a way to fit it in the budget.

Also could 612's handle the extra weight and still provide 2" of lift or more or would I need to add the shims?

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
It is hit and miss with UCA's on the 614 without a heavy bumper but I would think that with a heavy bumper you probably won't need them. Really though, with the heavy bumper you should be getting the 613's. With the 612's you should still have at least 2" of lift as I lost about .8" with my setup and most guys get 2.75-3" of lift from the 612's...again though, 613's are your best bet and you may want to budget some UCA's in just in case. Fat Bobs usually has the best price on the Light Racing UCA's.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Anyone know if UCA's would be needed if I went with OME 614's with a replacement bumper?

I was pretty much dead set on 614's with UCA's and CB in the back until I saw a tundra with a winch bumper this weekend while camping and now I would like to figure out a way to fit it in the budget.

Also could 612's handle the extra weight and still provide 2" of lift or more or would I need to add the shims?
OME 614's and a aftermarket bumper will definitely work with your factory UCA's Have you decided which bumper you'll be using and the weight of it? If its heavier than 150-180 lbs the 614's and if 180+ lbs 613's would be sized correctly. Depending on the weight you may or may not be able to use the 612's. Shims can be used with the 612's and 614 coils.

10 bucks says you met up with 2010CrewMaxTRD... lol

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
2010CrewMaxTRD nailed it!

Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish it was 2010CrewMaxTRD, I would have camped out next door to bug him all weekend about his truck. I am trying to find the weight of the bumper, the one I saw was a winchready with bull bar.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
It seems to be very difficult to find the weights on some of these bumpers. I am still not sure how much my M1 weighs, I just know the bitch is freaking heavy. I emailed Smittybilt for a weight but they have not responded. Some sites list it at 75 pounds (which is way too low & I think that is the weight of the rear bumper) and others list it at like 265 pounds which might be about right.

There is a guy on here who had a nice setup with the factory bumper, it was just a winch-ready mount, probably like you are talking about, I will see if I can dig up the thread, maybe he knows the weight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have also sent them an email. If I was to go with 613's would I then need to have UCA's?
My budget would only allow for 614's or 613's, AAL, CB +2, and the bumper. If I need to run UCA's then I would have to scrap the bumper for now and just go with the lift and tires or save for the bumper and get it down the road.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Are you hauling heavy loads and therefore need the AAL? If not, why not go with +3 shackles instead of the +2 to get the extra lift and save the cash on the AAL? Fat Bobs has the LR UCA's for $400 too if that helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be getting a TT this winter when they are a little cheaper so I was looking at the AAL for that. Not sure how heavy the trailer will be or even if it will be a small 5th wheel, just depends on what is the best deal.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Some sites list it at 75 pounds (which is way too low & I think that is the weight of the rear bumper) and others list it at like 265 pounds which might be about right.
75 sounds way too low. 265 sounds too high unless they are including the winch weight.

Reactions: 2010

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So if I do go with the 613's I would need to have UCA and it would give the full 3-3.5" lift, and with the 614's I wouldn't need to have UCA and would prob get around 2.5"? What about 614's with one shim from CB to put the truck back around 3", would that be iffy on needing UCA at that point?

I have been calling all their vendors to try to find a weight for the bumper but they all are having to get back to me.

*EDIT* Finally heard back and they said it would be around 175lbs of added weight.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I have 613 with bumper, 12k winch and no UCA. I got 3.5" of lift.
A friend has the 613 with bumper, no winch, no UCA. He got 4" of lift.
Both trucks are CMs, neither have had alignment issues.

Reactions: TxTundra7
1 - 14 of 14 Posts