Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
I found the other two zerks on the front driveline.

So 5 total like others mentioned

I was reading in the manual but it didn't say, is there anything else that needs to be greased on our Tundras?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
17 Posts
After a little research....

According to the Dana/Spicer info... the u-joints should be lubed with lithium based NLGI-2 EP type grease. On one of their sites I found the the following -
"Dana recommends lubrication with Spicer ultra-premium synthetic grease or Chevron Ultra-Duty EP-2 or a compatible lithium-based grease meeting N.L.G.I. Grade 2 specifications as well as ASTM D4950 LB specifications. Spicer ultra-premium synthetic grease is compatible with all NLGI-2 greases, and delivers professional-grade quality, even at high temperatures. Spicer ultra-premium synthetic grease is available in 10-packs of 14-oz. tubes (SPL1051), and 1-gal. pails (SPL1052)."

Went ahead and ordered a couple tubes of the Spicer synthetic grease. Best price I could find was from here:
https://www.truckid.com/spicer/driv...um=order&utm_campaign=order_notification_mail
I know it's not necessary to use their stuff, but I'm kind of curious how good this stuff is considering the price tag. I think the extra $$ is for it's ability to pump itself into the zerk. ;)
I was going to use some Valvoline VV985 I have laying around here in a couple different guns, but from techinfo.toyota.com it isn't stating a moly additive type grease. (Although I really can't see how it can affect something that only oscillates back and forth). I think I just wanted an excuse to buy another lincoln grease gun just for lithium only grease. I'm sure the wife will be tickled I've ordered yet another tool. :whacky:

· Registered
20 Posts
Great thread! I have two grease guns on order because I've heard the lube for the propeller shaft has a slip yoke that requires heavier grease, like the Mobilegrease XHP 322 mine. Also, my owners manual says to check the torque on something...I don't remember how it worded it but it doesn't give location or even what the torque IS...which I thought was pretty useless! (Hey, do this but I'm not going to tell you how or even show you where it is...but do it!!)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.