Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Just curious how often everyone is greasing their u-joints on their driveshafts?.... I have almost 25k on my 2015 4x4 CM. I usually grease up drive-line about every 8-10k miles. I noticed when i take my truck to Toyota for oil changes/services they don't grease the ujoints...AT ALL...EVER. My wife has a 2016 4runner, the dealer doesnt do hers either.
Think about it...if they actually do the lubrication, then they'll never get to charge you money for changing them! :lol5:

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Slap me silly, and call me Willy. Went in for a scheduled maintenance at my local dealer, & decided to test my service advisor's knowledge base. I asked him if they ever greased the "U-Joints" when changing the oil. His response was, No, we normally don't do that, but we can. Would you like them greased? Hell yes, know I don't have to do it. :)
Your service advisor's honestly is refreshing, but always remember this: "People don't do what you EXPECT...People do what you INSPECT". You should probably tell your service advisor that you WILL check the U-joints later for clean fittings, fresh grease residue, little bit squeezing out of the seals, etc. even if you don't. But, I would check them at least first time and randomly thereafter...you just never know. :eek:

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.