Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Has anyone used Royal Purple 01312 NLGI No. 2 High Performance Multi-Purpose Synthetic Ultra Performance Grease? I have a 2016 Tundra, and was going to buy some, but when I entered my vehicle info the site said it wasn't a match.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Registered
109 Posts
Slap me silly, and call me Willy. Went in for a scheduled maintenance at my local dealer, & decided to test my service advisor's knowledge base. I asked him if they ever greased the "U-Joints" when changing the oil. His response was, No, we normally don't do that, but we can. Would you like them greased? Hell yes, know I don't have to do it. :)

· Registered
109 Posts
Your service advisor's honestly is refreshing, but always remember this: "People don't do what you EXPECT...People do what you INSPECT". You should probably tell your service advisor that you WILL check the U-joints later for clean fittings, fresh grease residue, little bit squeezing out of the seals, etc. even if you don't. But, I would check them at least first time and randomly thereafter...you just never know. :eek:
Agree with you there. The service department has a large window which allows customers to watch the techs work on their vehicle. Knew my tech was clueless when he had to call someone else to grease it...

Now to find out how many zerks actually got to see some grease

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.