Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for correct torque spec for u bolts on rear axle. I was told 74, but that stripped out a u bolt and I had to get another at $32.00 . Dont want to strip another. Thanx.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I installed my LRO kit the instructions said 105 to 110. I did 110 without any problems. They were not factory U-bolts so not sure if they take more torque or not.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply. I have heard the gen two guys state that for their trucks it is 74 ft lbs. But I cant find anything for gen one.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
It would depend on the specific u bolt I believe. The ones I got from alcan said 125lbs. You also have to make sure that you are tightening them equally, if uneven (ie one bolt with more threads showing than the others) that might possibly cause one to strip

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for info. I did set them evenly. Finger threaded them to stick equally thru the nuts. Then torqued them to 74 ft lbs. Upon re torquing them a week later, one just kept spinning. I have a new nut and u bolt but wont install till I have solid info. Thanx again.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
where did you get the one that stripped? Sounds defective...

Where did you get the new one? I would ask the supplier what the correct torque is.

Torque values are usually based on the bolt and nut combo being used

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stripped one came factory on the truck. I went to the dealer for a replacement because I didn't want to hassle with gettin the wrong part.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You ever feel like a total dope. I was cleaning out the extra bedroom at the back of the house and I found this.

98 ft lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts