Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody done any two-tone work on the RW wheels? Contemplating leaving the face of each spoke gunmetal grey, the insides of the webs black, and the beadlocks black. I plasti-dipped the whole things black and need a little change because I'm bored until I finally sack up and buy me some Methods.

P.S. If I was to do this would people still buy them when I go to sell them or should i leave them stock to make them easier to sell (but stock is boring)?

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto part Rim Wheel Automotive wheel system Tire

I've done all black

Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire

And black bead locks but I was thinking maybe somewhere in between... Or maybe I just need to get new wheels and stop playing around with these ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for any input! Im only dipping my wheels one more time. Then im taking them off and selling them.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
if you are only going to PD them it won't affect any value...

That is the awesome thing about dip.

Try it, see how it looks. I thought about it, but too much time would be entailed imo.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it won't affect the overall value I'm just not peeling it off if the buyer doesn't like it. I just need to buy me some methods...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lame question, can you drive on the wheels with the bead locks off? Can you even take them off? I feel like I've read a thread where people took off the bead locks to paint them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lame question, can you drive on the wheels with the bead locks off? Can you even take them off? I feel like I've read a thread where people took off the bead locks to paint them.
yes you can drive your truck without the bead locks on... they're not true bead locks, they are for looks. True bead locks are against the law to have on the road

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh so sorry for forcing you to click on my thread and give input... heaven forbid asking what other think about pd ing the rw wheels a little different. Obviously i can peel the sh1t off as ive done it 3 times. But i am having one last go at it and figured id see what the other tundra guys thought :banghead:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Oh so sorry for forcing you to click on my thread and give input... heaven forbid asking what other think about pd ing the rw wheels a little different. Obviously i can peel the sh1t off as ive done it 3 times. But i am having one last go at it and figured id see what the other tundra guys thought :banghead:
I don't think he was saying your question was lame, I think, I could be wrong, but I think he was saying his question was lame. The part about driving without the beadlocks.

Reactions: mahmer09

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think he was saying your question was lame, I think, I could be wrong, but I think he was saying his question was lame. The part about driving without the beadlocks.
Oops... read it a little differently the first time. :confused:

Reactions: mahmer09

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah dude. No worries. I was saying my question was lame. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. But...while I'm here, what size torx screw keeps the bead locks in place?

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ Haha my bad man. I've had to light a fire under a few people at work today and you were collateral damage due to my bad attitude. :lol5:

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
permachrome has done some two tone limited 20's. Looked different.

I think two tone rw's would prolly look good, just would be time consuming.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I could do it relatively quick but it would be time consuming to remove if I don't like it

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
It is the masking that would be a pita. Use frog tape.

I have to have everything symmetrical... I would have a hard time with this because it would have to be perfect, even tho no one else would notice a few spots that look different or not equal.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it would look good if you have the time or the patience. I personally would get frustrated halfway through one wheel!

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm so back and forth with it. I don't mind takin the time to mask and pd it right. I'm more lazy about having to take the wheels off to do it right.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Do one, see how u like it...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts