Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
FB is like former Myspace. Just a fad to show people what you did today, (with 1 up intent), where you went for dinner, (my dinner better than yours), pics of your current vacation,
(my vacation better than yours, and I cannot afford it either), or Joey eating his first cookie, etc.

In my circle, real FRIENDS call me or email me to invite me to events or share personal information.

I know the "phone" is obsolete to some, but, some of us still use it, and I do not mean texting. Why is it so hard to talk people today?????

Not ole fashioned, just do not see the need for FB, Twitter, or the other "LOOK AT ME NOW" sites.

Some LIKE it, I do not.

I do just fine sharing and learning on the forums.
If you don't wanna use it then don't. And this is the first I have heard that Facebook is a one uping website lol. That's a good laugh for sure haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If you don't wanna use it then don't. And this is the first I have heard that Facebook is a one uping website lol. That's a good laugh for sure haha.
You are kidding, right? FB is a joke and will be gone in due time.

If you LIKE it, fine. I do not waste my time on useless sites. Just me, I guess.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Five years ago I would have agreed and said Facebook will be gone soon but I doubt it...the smallest of smallest places are joining it just to keep up on the business side of things...we didn't have an account until a couple of years ago, my wife runs a cake business, before Facebook, 300 bucks a month in sales, after Facebook 300 to 1500 a weekend in sales...the world of the internet is a powerful tool...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
You are kidding, right? FB is a joke and will be gone in due time.

If you LIKE it, fine. I do not waste my time on useless sites. Just me, I guess.
If you think Facebook will be done soon you must not be all there lol. And BTW the group has 261 members in a little over 24hours so I would say many people like it.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
hate on facebook all you want. kids these days do use it for dumb pointless things, but it has its good uses. i'm ex navy and have lived all over and travel the world for work now. its a way to keep up and in touch with whats goin on with friends all over the world without having to call/email 50 different people. there are a lot of useful things facebook is good for.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
FB has it's extremes (people updating statuses every 10 minutes). It is a good way to stat in touch with multiple people across great distances.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
If you run a business, it's a must. I have to be active on it and post useful content of course. My business is very transparent and any way I can show customers what their pooch is doing is a plus. We run specials through it, contests, you name it. With a database of over 9,000 clients, it would be hard to make phone calls all the time. We still do send direct mail pieces and we do call our parents but only if their pooch is staying with us. We have close to 4K followers, 3,800 of those subscribe to a weekly newsletter, and 3,200 are active customers. :D

It is a powerful tool but I agree on the personal side of things I more so have it set up as a newsfeed with a few friends. Even then, many I don't follow all their posts. I keep my kiddos updated on there for F&F to see, maybe some vaca stuff, but not too much more.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Heck, I was around before AOL. When BBS's were around and 300bps modems! :p
Dial it up and snap the handset into the acoustic coupler!

.. don't laugh I still work with modems every day of my work life.

I used to be very active on the Usenet Newsgroups... of course those evolved into these internet forums we use today. Same concept, different presentation, same arguments haha.

I use Facebook because it is reasonably easy for me to use and yes I realize that it's a pit of information for commercial purposes. But I share things on there that are intended to be shared with the world, I don't post things that I would regret if it were shared publicly. Rule of the internet is once you put something on there, you can never take it out.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
If you block all those stupid apps you don't see them - I haven't seen one in years.
And businesses that mail advertisements are wasting $$ Just go to the post office and look in the trash - full of mailers. I put all those back in the outgoing mail slot because I don't want to take them home. The mail man can take them back.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Now that's funny...I see that on my timeline no less than 10 times per day. Ghey...
Disable platform apps. and then when you see one Candy crush, Farmville, whatever crappy game notice....just click the "don't show me anything from this app, game, whatever" and you'll clean up your feed in no time.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts