Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

501 - 514 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #501
we were plenty warm for T2S16 in the RTT. But T2S15 was a little surprising. We were in a 3 season ground tent with a mesh roof and a rainfly. 18 degrees and windy. That was exciting!

I'm gonna post up a date-vote thread here in a minute...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Whew! Just read this entire thread! I'd really like to make it to TTS 17, already started trying to convince the old lady the 16.5hr trip is worth it haha.

Reactions: KevinK

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Whew! Just read this entire thread! I'd really like to make it to TTS 17, already started trying to convince the old lady the 16.5hr trip is worth it haha.

It's totally worth it!

I created a Facebook page too if you want to follow along there. I'm not great about updating it much, but I think it's easier for people to see.

https://www.facebook.com/tundrastosedona

Sent from stupid-ass Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
726 Posts

It's totally worth it!

I created a Facebook page too if you want to follow along there. I'm not great about updating it much, but I think it's easier for people to see.

Agreed, new TT app doesnt work 90% of the time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's totally worth it!

Yes sir I started following it and the Instagram the other day. I stumbled upon this thread looking for more info and experiences on the trip. What do most people do for a shitter out there? I've never camped that primitively before...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
It's totally worth it!

Yes sir I started following it and the Instagram the other day. I stumbled upon this thread looking for more info and experiences on the trip. What do most people do for a shitter out there? I've never camped that primitively before...
My family cheats, we rent cabins in Oak Creek canyon and enjoy warm rooms, showers, and fresh breakfast delivered on our doorstep every morning. LOL.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Depending on how many people we get, I might have to get porta potties brought in. But otherwise, does a bear shit in the woods? Yup, and so do we. LoL
A lot of folks do like OsidePunker said and throw a bucket (you can find special ones at camping stores) inside a small stand up tent meant for showers and shitters.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
My family cheats, we rent cabins in Oak Creek canyon and enjoy warm rooms, showers, and fresh breakfast delivered on our doorstep every morning. LOL.

Which place do you stay at? Our favorite is Oak Creek Terrace or Forest Houses.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts

Which place do you stay at? Our favorite is Oak Creek Terrace or Forest Houses.

Butterfly Garden Inn.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Anybody have a nitrogen tank??? I really need to check my bumps. It totally slipped my mind until today
Scrolling back through the T2S threads so we can start planning 2018, and I come across this lil gem. >:D

501 - 514 of 514 Posts