Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

481 - 500 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Tomar Offroad is getting setup as a vendor on this site shortly, but Matt just told me they're going to offer everyone on TundraTalk a deal this week until Monday 5/16/16 on the 50" lightbar like the one we have on our truck.

2 options - dual color (what we have) or single color

Dual color is usually $1,628, but for this group it's $1,058
Single color retails for $1,219 and they're discounting to $792

The dual color actually uses five switches for full functionality (it's bad ass) - All Amber, All White, Dim/Bright switch, Driving Light (2 white spots only), SOS mode.

OFF:

Amber:

White:

My favorite mode now seems to be the combination of 8 Amber Floods and the driving lights, 2 White Spots:

the light voltage doesn't pass through the switches, just a low-level 12V trigger, so you can use any kind of on/off switch you want.
I just used some cheap switches from Autozone for our temporary install until we get a SPOD or something fancy:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just got back from Moab, will be working on photos soon. Found a couple new trails that we can run in OCT. Also found a couple great campgrounds up Kane creek, some along the Colorado River.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just got my 50" light bar when I got back from Moab. I cant wait to install it. Still not sure where or how to mount it. Then I can mount the MCM light bar and my Lightbar can have its own light bar!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
I just got my 50" light bar when I got back from Moab. I cant wait to install it. Still not sure where or how to mount it. Then I can mount the MCM light bar and my Lightbar can have its own light bar!

Inception

A dream in a dream

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Dropped the truck off with Gary at Earnhardt Toyota to get the Inyati bedliner sprayed it, turned out awesome! So happy with it, like it a lot better!

Thanks @KevinK and Gary for having this set up!

Now to install the other goodies.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Dropped the truck off with Gary at Earnhardt Toyota to get the Inyati bedliner sprayed it, turned out awesome! So happy with it, like it a lot better!

Thanks @KevinK and Gary for having this set up!

Now to install the other goodies.
I really like the Inyati because of the shiny finish. Does it have lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
Hay guys I'm starting to plan Tundras to Sedona 2017 and I'm interested in some feedback...

I know a lot of us attend this event, and then a couple weeks later is Overland Expo West.

What do you think about doing it the same weekend as the Expo?

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Post up your thoughts!

Sent from stupid-ass Tapatalk Hell where everything is controlled by money grubbing assholes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh yeah

Hay guys I'm starting to plan Tundras to Sedona 2017 and I'm interested in some feedback...

I know a lot of us attend this event, and then a couple weeks later is Overland Expo West.

What do you think about doing it the same weekend as the Expo?

Good idea?

Bad idea?

Post up your thoughts!

Sent from stupid-ass Tapatalk Hell where everything is controlled by money grubbing assholes.
Yeah, sounds good to me. Be my 1st time for both and a long drive out west, but I'm down for an adventurous road trip.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Yeah, sounds good to me. Be my 1st time for both and a long drive out west, but I'm down for an adventurous road trip.
Hell yeah!

If you're coming out from Florida, you might win the "Longest Drive" prize!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
Can we do it a month later?
That's not a bad idea. Overland Expo has typically been two weeks after T2S.

Unfortunately the past two years have been unseasonably cold. Or is it a race schedule issue more than weather? I know i don't want to freeze my nuggets off again next year.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
That's not a bad idea. Overland Expo has typically been two weeks after T2S.

Unfortunately the past two years have been unseasonably cold. Or is it a race schedule issue more than weather? I know i don't want to freeze my nuggets off again next year.
Catch 22 for me either way.

They don't release the racing schedule until like a month before race season, which starts in April.

And so far past 2 aprils in stoneman lake have been frozen nuggets cold.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
so I just found out Overland Expo West is on Mother's Day weekend, October 12-14

That's never been a good option for us, plus based on some other conversations, I have concern about the amount of traffic will be in the area.

I'm gonna start looking at late May I think...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Kevin & DirtyD...
What temp ratings are you sleeping bags!?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
Haha! I think Keith's hotel room last time was rated -20!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats crazy... I ran a 50degree bag with a liner and no problem... Are you guys not insulated from the ground or bottom of rtt? Wearing wool socks to sleep and/or a beanie?

481 - 500 of 514 Posts