Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

461 - 480 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey I'll be going in early Sept. What dates you looking into for OCT?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The problem is in the summer, Moab is CROWDED, like so many people you cannot find a place to camp for any price, and it is HOT. I go twice a year and we found the best is spring or fall. Cooler temps, no problem getting a motel or camping spot, no lines for trails. I was up there in summer once and got into a traffic jam on Gemini Bridges that had to have at least 100 vehicles in it. We usually go second week of Oct and I will be up there next week.

We could plan for an OCT getaway. Any interest?

Chicken Corners in the fall...
What days are you going next week? If we were able to make it for a day or two, would you want some company? I don't want to cramp your style if you are planning a remote gettaway with you girl. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nope, come on up. My GF is working, so my Best friend from CO and I plan these "guy" getaways and we end up in Moab as it is about half way for each of us and we like the trails, the Mojitos at Eddie McStiffs and the fact there are two disk golf courses. We stay at the Big Horn Lodge in Moab. Also, the Calamari at the Moab Brewery is Fantastic.Also, the drive up there is fantastic. Stop in Monument Valley for some great views.

Let me know what day you will be up there and we can plan a fun run. Maybe Chicken Corners out to the Wind Caves. Or Gemini Bridges. I am leaving Sunday Morning at about 3 am to get up there about noon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nope, come on up. My GF is working, so my Best friend from CO and I plan these "guy" getaways and we end up in Moab as it is about half way for each of us and we like the trails, the Mojitos at Eddie McStiffs and the fact there are two disk golf courses. We stay at the Big Horn Lodge in Moab. Also, the Calamari at the Moab Brewery is Fantastic.Also, the drive up there is fantastic. Stop in Monument Valley for some great views.

Let me know what day you will be up there and we can plan a fun run. Maybe Chicken Corners out to the Wind Caves. Or Gemini Bridges. I am leaving Sunday Morning at about 3 am to get up there about noon.
Awesome!

Let me talk to my wife and see what her work schedule is.

So you will be there Sunday though?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #466
Quick question guys...

Who won the clear bra from earnhardts? I forgot to get your email and stuff.

Tapatalk - because smoke signals would be too easy.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
@osidepunker Baja in the fall (early november?). maybe Moab in late summer, early fall (september/october?)?
Baja would be a big trip, like 10 days. I could do Moab also, like 4 or 5 days

The problem is in the summer, Moab is CROWDED, like so many people you cannot find a place to camp for any price, and it is HOT. I go twice a year and we found the best is spring or fall. Cooler temps, no problem getting a motel or camping spot, no lines for trails. I was up there in summer once and got into a traffic jam on Gemini Bridges that had to have at least 100 vehicles in it. We usually go second week of Oct and I will be up there next week.

We could plan for an OCT getaway. Any interest?

Chicken Corners in the fall...
Start a Moab thread. I'm in for Oct

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you installing 4.88 gears yourself?
Nope, AZ Driveshaft & Differential in Mesa. I've used them in the past for some custom stuff - they're a little pricier than shops in Phoenix, but they are close and do too-notch work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If anyone is not busy at he end of May you should come to Flaggstaff for the Overland Expo. You can get day passes for the vendors and check out some of the gear etc.

Overland News | May 6, 2016

·
Registered
294 Posts
If anyone is not busy at he end of May you should come to Flaggstaff for the Overland Expo. You can get day passes for the vendors and check out some of the gear etc.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

Is there gonna be any real wheelin or just a bunch of geeking out on overland products. Not into big crowds or camping near people - I like to drink and get rowdy sometimes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is there gonna be any real wheelin or just a bunch of geeking out on overland products. Not into big crowds or camping near people - I like to drink and get rowdy sometimes.
It's geekin out over overland products for the day pass.

I will be there for the full course which involves courses in recovery, winching, first aid etc.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Lisa and I are heading to overland expo either Thursday or Friday and plan to wheel Friday and part of Saturday unless the truck ends up in a booth Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/tomaroffroad/posts/1568771813415614:0
@N2Deep the camping on site is packed like an apartment complex, but there's remote camping nearby.

Tapatalk - because smoke signals would be too easy.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,609 Posts
@Dravur you have a chance to upload your photos anywhere yet?

Also call out to anyone else who has more to post - put em out there! :)

I didn't get to make it to Sedona, but if you need help posting some more pics, I'm here to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
I didn't get to make it to Sedona, but if you need help posting some more pics, I'm here to help.
Looks

Thank you kind sir for that beautiful pic!

Reactions: Azblue
461 - 480 of 514 Posts