Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 285/75/18 tire will rub on a tundra crewmax with no lift? I have had many say no it will not rub & than minutes later people saying it will rub. These tires are expensive & I want to make sure there will be no rub required nor any cutting.

The other option is the 285/65/18

I prefer the 285/75 due to the increase in height but which ever one will not rub or require leveling is the one I plan on getting.

I currently run 275/65/18

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
285/65/18 will work fine on stock Tundra.

285/75/18, on the other hand will not work. This is 35 inch tire.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I am stock height on 305/55/20 (33") with a 35m offset and I have a slight rub when in reverse on the front little flap. I just bent it a little and it went away. hope that helps but I'm on 20's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would a 285/70/18 work on a stock tundra? Pushing it a little?

I really want as much height as I can get off a tire

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just bought 275/70/18 (33.2" tall) on last Friday.

Depending on the wheel offset you can fit 295/65/18's

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If you are set on the 285 width I would go with the 285/65. If you want a taller tire like the previous post said, 275/70 will be about an inch taller than you have now and the same width.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are set on the 285 width I would go with the 285/65. If you want a taller tire like the previous post said, 275/70 will be about an inch taller than you have now and the same width.

Appreciate the help! I actually like the width of my tires now. I don't like the tires sticking out a lot from the fender just not my style. I think the 275/70/18 will be the best bet for me.

Only downfall to that is that the Toyo AT/II Xtremes don't come in that size. Smallest size they carry for that make is 285/65 than it jumps to 285/75.

What are you thoughts on the most aggressive AT tires with good tread wear, and overall quality?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I mean as far as my personal experiences...I don't have much. The tires I'm running are Mastercrafts, and they are made by Cooper. They are a little cheaper than your Nitto's, Toyo's, BFG's, etc...but I can't vouch for how long they will last compared to the others, as I haven't run through a set. I currently have about 23k miles on my AT2's, and I would probably say I could get 40k or so...maybe 50k. These tires are actually rated for 50k. They do have a few other tires that are a little more aggressive than mine in the same size.

As far as looks and what I've seen on here...I really like the BFG's and the Nitto's. Both of those (as well as the Toyo) all have really good reviews, just depends on what you want to spend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've ran the Toyo's for a little over 35K now in the 275/70/18 size on a non lifted/leveled CrewMax. There is still a ton of life left on the tires and their is no issue with clearance at all. I have ran Nitto TG's and BFG AT's on my previous trucks (F-250 Super Duty Diesels) and found the Nitto's to be a much better tire for mileage/ life expectancy than the BFG. This is my first set of Toyo's and I realize the Tundra is lighter than my F-250 was, but they are way surpassing the life I was getting out of the Nitto's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Appreciate the help! I actually like the width of my tires now. I don't like the tires sticking out a lot from the fender just not my style. I think the 275/70/18 will be the best bet for me.

Only downfall to that is that the Toyo AT/II Xtremes don't come in that size. Smallest size they carry for that make is 285/65 than it jumps to 285/75.

What are you thoughts on the most aggressive AT tires with good tread wear, and overall quality?
I like Cooper Discover AT3 XLT @ $220ea 275/70/18

1 - 10 of 10 Posts