Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before

How I found it

Family photo with 2011 Camry

Pulled out and sticked up with LaRue

Final Resting place in my bedroom after "last ride"

The GF's hideout

Our couch in a tree "tree house"

Here is my 2011 Rock Warrior it was my baby and of course it was in the garage. I lived about 1/3 mile from Briarwood Elementry in SW OKC. Of course my house truck and car was a total loss. I was about 8 miles away watching the weather on the news and crying. My pregnant (4 mos) girlfriend and her son were in the bathroom with that badass spiderman folding bed over them, they survived with only minor back pain. Her daughters were in Briarwood elementry and were fine, our dog was found and returned to us, some how she survived without Spidermans help!.

Basically everything we owned is gone. I had paid off my 2011 Rock Warrior just 6 days earlier. Of course it and our 2011 Camry are a total loss, the house is gone and very little was saved. I'm happy since I had insurance and everything that cannot be replaced is ok!

Unbelievably the Tundra and Camry both still run but have major elictrical issues. Two days after the tornado a storm dropped two inches of rain on them. I was able to start, drive, operate all windows, and the radio on my tundra. Today I drove her around the neighborhood one last time with the radio blaring the Turnpike Troubadors. I spelled something burning and she lack power during the burnouts I tried and when I parked her for the last time in my bedroom her back right window would not roll up and I could no longer lock the doors so I think shes done.

The insurance told me I could take the Rock Warrior wheels as long as I replaced them with alloys and I could take the bed rail system since they wont give me nothing for it.

I need a new truck but I dont think I can drive anything but a Rock Warrior.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Man i'm sorry to see anyone go throw that it must be hard and a mess to deal with.a also glad you and you family are ok. That really all that matters. Everything can be replaced. Stinks you just payed it off that must blow!! I hope you found another tundra. Are you going to take anything off that tundra before the insurance takes it. I might be interested in the wheels. I'll trade you mine 18 for them!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thank goodness you all are alive and ok. Everything else can be replaced. I have friends that live in Moore and was worried sick until I heard from them.

All that stuff can be replaced..... your family and dog can not.

Reactions: dikkie and Wacked

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Glad to have you back on the forum. Man, that must've been scary. As long as you guys are okay, all the material things are replaceable, even Tundra. You gotta get another black RW, man.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already gave the wheels to my dad in the last pic you can see the RW wheels are replaced with the alloys off his truck. I'm going to take the bedrail tie down system off if I get there tomorrow before the wrecker. I cant think of anything else to take.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I already gave the wheels to my dad in the last pic you can see the RW wheels are replaced with the alloys off his truck. I'm going to take the bedrail tie down system off if I get there tomorrow before the wrecker. I cant think of anything else to take.
Oh yea i seen that now!! Well let us know what you end up getting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow man, my prayers are with you. I have family in Moore, as I am an OKC transplant myself. They are fine, but I can't imagine what all y'all are going through right now. Like others have already mentioned, the stuff is replaceable, your loved ones are what matters, and they are safe.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
So sry to read this, yet very happy that your family is ok.

Thoughts go out to you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Glad you guys are okay. I lost everything in the May 3, 1999 tornado so I feel you bro. Love the LaRue and Magpul stickers. If you need anymore Magpul stickers let me know. Heck, if you need anything, let me know. If you need to ride around in my new Tundra to help you get over your loss, let me know.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm glad y'all are alright. I know some people stationed there that lost stuff as well. My thought are with you and your family.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Wow, I just can't even imagine what your family went through. Only thing that matters is everyone is ok. Hopefully you have a place to stay and have basic necessities. Amazing the vehicles would start.

Congrats on the upcoming baby too. That's awesome!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts