Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 443 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Jesus Christ man, take it easy. I thought I remembered correctly but since I don't have the truck any more I obviously was going a bit faster than 70 when I looked or misread the rpm a bit. I just wanted to see what the 33s would do to his chart too

You seemed awful proud of your post too.
With 33's your RPM would fall to 1863

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
yea its pretty close.. 72 mph and your at 2k or a tad over LOL

this is true
Tell that to baddads, he just roasted my nuts over a couple miles on hour or a few rpms I didn't remember 100% correctly

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I am not aware of any transmission changes for 2014 but that is certainly possible. You can find the specs I use at the websites listed below, they are for my 2010 but I believe they hold true for at least 2007 - 2013:

Rear:
2010 Toyota Tundra Gear Ratios

Transmission:
Toyota Transmissions

Page 34 of the 2014 Tundra brochure states the transmission 6th gear ratio is 0.588. It also lists the ratios for all the gears; this is why the engine does not turn as much as people think. Another reason the Ike Gauntlet was skewed....they drove the Tundra full wide open throttle....intentionally starving the engine for air; instead of driving "off torque"....its an old trick, nothing more nothing less.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Just because Ford stock is $17 a share does not mean it's a shit stock. Has it split? and how many times has it split?

The options of the rear end are not a problem to implement, it's a simple change the hardware and then adjust the TCM. Quality is not affected, and quite frankly Toyota could learn a few things from Ford in streamlining their production process.

420 torque @ 2500 rpms
cruising @ 60 mph is around 1600 rpms equates to around 273 torque available.

401 torque @ 3600 rpms
cruising @ 60mph is around 1600 rpms equates to around 180 torque available.

So while cruising down the highway the EB is generating almost a full 100 torque more at the same rpms. This is what I'm talking about for towing, more torque means less downshifting is needed and ultimately less fuel used.

As for the V8 to V8 test, the Ford 6.2L and Chevy 6.2l would be more in line with the Tundra 5.7l, the Ford 5.0L is not a apples to apples comparison. Lots of people tow through mountains, and not everyone can afford a $5000 supercharger which I gaurantee is more expensive than a EB. Not to mention you have to find a Tundra that is non FFV. The EB does not require premium fuel, although it does help the performance if you are towing heavy. However you can get a nice tune for the EB that would generate about the same amount of hp/torque but even then the tune won't cost $5000.

·
Banned
513 Posts
It's all an opinion, but there are some things that are black and white.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Just because Ford stock is $17 a share does not mean it's a shit stock. Has it split? and how many times has it split?
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about with regards to stocks. A company does not split their stock unless the price has risen so much that it is no longer competitively priced with competitors and therefore, the price of entry drives investors to competitors.

Sure, I guess it's possible that Ford's stock price was once really high, like say the $128.xx that Toyota is worth, and then Ford split to about $60 a share and has not completely fallen apart...which would just further support my point.

However, to answer your questions, Ford has not split their stock in almost 20 years. Their current market share is $66.4 billion...Toyota's is $202.84 billion; yeah, Toyota is worth more than 3X what Ford is worth.

Did I mention customer satisfaction ratings and reliability ratings? :D

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Tell that to baddads, he just roasted my nuts over a couple miles on hour or a few rpms I didn't remember 100% correctly
he's busy trying to get a tuner for $200 LOL

·
Banned
513 Posts
Consumer reports is full of shit and if your taking their word as gospel your in for a rough ride. Speaking of, that sheet shows the F150 V6 as Ford's top model.

As for the stocks, I have not looked at stock prices because ultimately it doesn't mean anything to me. You honestly look at a stock price and market share when you buy a car/truck? There are many reasons why stocks can be high or low, splitting is one of those reasons... I never said it split I was just tossing an uneducated thought out there.

My F150 has been more reliable than my previous Tundra so far. My F150 gets better mileage towing and unloaded than my previous Tundra. My F150 has better features, the added gadgets are nice considering I paid less for my F150 than my previous Tundra.

So Toyota has a larger global market share, looking at US sales shows a different story. Do we really care what Toyota sells in other countries? The whole point is, this is about the Tundra vs the competition not about the company and all the other fan boy bullshit. Unless you have real reliability, real world testing results, or have something that contributes to the OP your just being a fan boy that is butt hurt when someone is stating facts.

On another note I went and drove a 2014 Tundra today, and here is my opinion:

Steering is not as easy or smooth as my F150
The ride is rougher over bumps than my F150(feels like your hitting pretty hard), however the highway ride is well controlled.
The interior lighting on the gauges is either not working correctly or is not tuned correctly, it was hard to see the gauges during daylight as they seemed very dim. Upon inspection there was not much you could do about it, the salesman was baffled.
The limited package is now a significant difference from the Platinum package as far as features.
The rear floor mat was already shaving off and looked like a cheap piece of freshly cut carpet.
The interior materials felt and looked cheaply done compared to my F150.
The big aluminum can knobs in the center now "click" which is awkward.
The Entune system utilizes more buttons which are imbedded into the surround frame, seems kind of dated compared to my F150 which is fully touch operational or voice activated as well as redundant buttons.
The cup holders on the Tundra are nearly identical to the F150, I liked the old Tundra cup holders better.
The center display information is very limited and is not easy to navigate, unlike my f150 which has easier navigation and more useful information.
The rear seats fold up now, this is something that I think depends on the person. Do you have dogs? Do you carry alot of stuff in the cab? I personally liked the reclining feature of the Tundra crewmax.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Consumer reports is full of shit and if your taking their word as gospel your in for a rough ride. Speaking of, that sheet shows the F150 V6 as Ford's top model.

As for the stocks, I have not looked at stock prices because ultimately it doesn't mean anything to me. You honestly look at a stock price and market share when you buy a car/truck? There are many reasons why stocks can be high or low, splitting is one of those reasons... I never said it split I was just tossing an uneducated thought out there.

My F150 has been more reliable than my previous Tundra so far. My F150 gets better mileage towing and unloaded than my previous Tundra. My F150 has better features, the added gadgets are nice considering I paid less for my F150 than my previous Tundra.

So Toyota has a larger global market share, looking at US sales shows a different story. Do we really care what Toyota sells in other countries? The whole point is, this is about the Tundra vs the competition not about the company and all the other fan boy bullshit. Unless you have real reliability, real world testing results, or have something that contributes to the OP your just being a fan boy that is butt hurt when someone is stating facts.

On another note I went and drove a 2014 Tundra today, and here is my opinion:

Steering is not as easy or smooth as my F150
The ride is rougher over bumps than my F150(feels like your hitting pretty hard), however the highway ride is well controlled.
The interior lighting on the gauges is either not working correctly or is not tuned correctly, it was hard to see the gauges during daylight as they seemed very dim. Upon inspection there was not much you could do about it, the salesman was baffled.
The limited package is now a significant difference from the Platinum package as far as features.
The rear floor mat was already shaving off and looked like a cheap piece of freshly cut carpet.
The interior materials felt and looked cheaply done compared to my F150.

The
Have you joined the F150 Ecoboost problems FaceBook Page? They are getting new members all the time.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-F150-Ecoboost-Problems-and-what-is-Ford-Motor-Company-doing-about-it/295456413868313

Prime81; I truly feel you are just trolling hard all the time with nothing better to do. You deflect the fact that a lot of people are unhappy with their F150, not because of lack of features, but because it has some big ass problems with reliability and implementation. This is undeniable. Even to a huge fanboi as yourself.

I could not bring myself to buy another Ford even if they sprinkled pixie dust all over it. I hope your chipped, since that's the only reason I can see to ever owning a EB.

Reactions: Mickey and 2010

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I feel like I'm missing out on something here by not participating in this discussion lol. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me see if I can get in on the trend of this thread too:

Prime you're a troll and you're FORD is a piece of shit! Join a Ford forum.
Tundras are the best! Fuk biased tests and get SAE tow certified you rookie!

Found
On
Roadside
Dead

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

Try coming up with a comeback acronym for TOYOTA! HAHAHAHA!!! :lol5:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Prime81 just leave you are really making a fool out of yourself in here. Go to some F150 forum to brag about your ecobust all you want you will have a lot more friends there. Like someone has said come back in a few years and tell us how much u still love your Ford after it has fallen apart on you.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I dunno about prime. I think he is legit, and comparing what he has to what he had. I also think it is too soon for him to hate his truck. I also think that maybe the ford forums are boring, and we rock shit around here :dunno:
This is true. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Breathing Borla

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't think we should be that harsh on them...I mean come on, the brand loyalty thing is for 20-somethings. I'd guess that bb and prime are at least in their 30's. And aside from their opinions and rhetoric that we don't believe/agree with, I think they are fine with posting here, since they've actually owned a yoter...hell, bb has owned a few of 'ems.

Doesn't mean I won't call them out, just saying that maybe we shouldn't pull the welcome mat :dunno:
No we shouldn't pull the welcome mat, you are right. I think it is good to see what others think of the competition. As you may remember me and BB had a few discussions over the whole RAM thing a while back. I was burned like a .99 hamburger with my two RAM's. I only tried to offer my experiences, not one that a company did but what I actually had. I know that the little MPG thingy that some post a picture of can be very mis-leading as you can easily reset it and go down the highway and it will show over 30 mpg, no I'm not saying that's what BB did just saying my 2010 got about 12-13 MPG. I drove her ass too so maybe driving habits have something to do with it. With the Rock Warrior I get a tad bit better than I did with the RAM. I have seen 12.7 to 14 when doing it the right way. I was a Chevy guy my whole life (still have 2) and then switched to RAM, boy I was nearly laughed out of the family, they were all Ford fans. Well after years of trying to sell myself and others on RAM I learned my lesson and put my big boy pants on and bought a Toyota. Funny thing is now my entire family has switched to Chevy and says they will never own another Ford, and they were DIE HARD too....

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
No we shouldn't pull the welcome mat, you are right. I think it is good to see what others think of the competition. As you may remember me and BB had a few discussions over the whole RAM thing a while back. I was burned like a .99 hamburger with my two RAM's. I only tried to offer my experiences, not one that a company did but what I actually had. I know that the little MPG thingy that some post a picture of can be very mis-leading as you can easily reset it and go down the highway and it will show over 30 mpg, no I'm not saying that's what BB did just saying my 2010 got about 12-13 MPG. I drove her ass too so maybe driving habits have something to do with it. With the Rock Warrior I get a tad bit better than I did with the RAM. I have seen 12.7 to 14 when doing it the right way. I was a Chevy guy my whole life (still have 2) and then switched to RAM, boy I was nearly laughed out of the family, they were all Ford fans. Well after years of trying to sell myself and others on RAM I learned my lesson and put my big boy pants on and bought a Toyota. Funny thing is now my entire family has switched to Chevy and says they will never own another Ford, and they were DIE HARD too....
burned like a .99 hamburger, LMAO< I had a bit of beer out the nose on that one. Nice.

and you can't fake the mileage in the Ram. It has too much info and it all resets at once.

here it is again, nothing monumental, I drove 538 miles, ave 67 miles an hour (which means most of the time your more like 75 with stops and slower times included, it took 8 hours and 3 minutes and ave 20 mpg.

this was when the truck had 1898 miles on it which you can also see in the pic.

how can you fake that? if I reset it and drove down hill all the numbers would be reset and it wouldn't show 8 hours and 538 miles of driving.

the fact is, the Ram on ave, gets better mileage, it really not that big of a deal, but it is nice.

ps. I still had plenty of fuel left and that was only one tank since its a big tank.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
and back to our gearing discussion baddadstundra, LOL

here you can see what the truck was doing so I can't mis-remember by a few ticks:D

hanging about what 62 and running what about 1500-1600?

so yea, considering it has WAY shorter gears overall, not too bad, 8 gears help you have the best of both worlds,

keep in mind this thing is shorter in 2nd gear than the tundra is in 1st...:eek:

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Really man? First you say that consumer reports is full of shit but then in your next breath you point out that Ford's top model, according to consumer reports, is the F-150 V6? You REALLY are pathetic.

No genius, I don't necessarily look at a companies stock prices before I purchase a vehicle. If you go back through the posts that I have posted in this thread you will see what I refer to as a "pattern." That pattern is that Toyota absolutely excels at producing quality vehicles. Because of that, they also excel at vehicles that are reliable and have the highest customer service ratings. They also have the best business model out there...bar none. Since you obviously have zero economic knowledge I will break down the correlation to stock prices in simple terms so you may be able to understand it.

Quality Products + Best reliability + Best customer satisfaction = high investor confidence in corporation (aka, high stock prices)

Inferior Products + Near last reliability + Near last customer satisfaction = low investor confidence (aka, low stock prices)

You see, this is the way investments work. You want to put your money into companies who show that they:
1.) have a sustainable business model
2.) produce products or services that are in high demand
3.) are profitable in both the short term and the long term

Therefore, going back to your original ridiculous question, no matter what evidence you examine, Toyota produces a better, higher quality product that investors feel comfortable pouring their money into. Ford, on the other hand, does not because instead of focusing on things that matter, like reliability and customer satisfaction, they choose to focus on gimmicks like turbo charged vehicles that are on pace to set recall records and in-vehicle sync systems that their customers cannot figure out.

Once again you are showing off your absolute stupidity. The stock price I quoted for Toyota is the NYSE (thats New York Stock Exchange) which is an American stock exchange. Toyota also has a stock that is traded on the Japanese exchange (hence, they are actually worth a hell of a lot more than I reported because I was only comparing the American stocks). Also, 3 of the top 7 vehicles that are the "most american made" are Toyota's, only one is a Ford. As for US sales, of course Toyota is not number one, they refuse to do fleet sales on almost all of their vehicles which is why your ecobust loses resale value at a rate exponentially higher than the Tundra (I will let you do the research on the supply and demand stuff you should have learned in high school).

Toyota sold more vehicles in the US than Ford up until 2009 and they are still #3 in the US and #1 in the world. And, yes, those of us who are not idiots (does not include you obviously) do care about how a company does outside the US. Do you think you live in your own little world in the US and "WE" are the only thing that matters? Man, I hate to keep harping on it but you really are stupid.

As for "real reliability, real world testing results"...go back and look at my previous posts and others posts that point you to real reliability ratings; or, just consult said stock prices and corresponding investment lessons once again.

Finally, you actually sound like a Ford owner...glad your truck, that is less than one year old has been reliable; I guess I have been wrong all along. You better tell that to Wall Street too because they, evidentally, have not gotten that memo...maybe it's because of all the recalls on the ecobust?

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
I think prime and 2010crewmax should get a room, LOL

wow.:eek:

or better yet,

line em up:lol5:

221 - 240 of 443 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.