Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 5 month old Rockwarrior smashed a chevy cruise when the girl ran a red light. Im so sick from what it did. Im sore but the two in the other car went to hospital. .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
At least everyone got out alive. I have a good friend that Tboned a car with her Tahoe. You can't blame yourself for that.

On another note, when I read the title of the thread I thought you were contemplating buying one of the other.... After seeing the "crash test" pictures, there is no doubt in my mind what I want protecting me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was lucky. If I would of been in my car or my motorcycle. Ouch.. they also got lucky I hit the back door and not the front one. Right now im up to 13,000 dollars in repairs.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Ouch, man. Brings back my painful memories less than a year ago. Very similar situation, the other car didn't fare well either. I only felt little 'bump' thanks to excellent Toyota engineering.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Glad everyone survived, and I hope you get your truck back as good as new. OTOH....I really have no sympathy for idiots, and the aggravation she is going to have to deal with because of her stupidity is well deserved.

Seeing your wreck makes me glad I drive a Tundra.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad everyone survived, and I hope you get your truck back as good as new. OTOH....I really have no sympathy for idiots, and the aggravation she is going to have to deal with because of her stupidity is well deserved.

Seeing your wreck makes me glad I drive a Tundra.
That is the one thing that really gets me going. I did nothing wrong and now I have a wrecked title truck. But like you said, me and my family are glad it was in my Tundra!! Her car did about 4 spins before it stopped a witness reported.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
Have you had to claim that before? If so how much do they try to low ball you?

I've been driving for 26 years so yes, I have had a few claims. Insurance companies (especially for the opposite party) will ALWAYS lowball you in hopes that you will accept. It's part of the "How to get Rich in Insurance" principles. In your case of $13,000+, I would look at an attorney. If not, do your research and make sure to stand firm.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been driving for 26 years so yes, I have had a few claims. Insurance companies (especially for the opposite party) will ALWAYS lowball you in hopes that you will accept. It's part of the "How to get Rich in Insurance" principles. In your case of $13,000+, I would look at an attorney. If not, do your research and make sure to stand firm.
Good deal, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I claimed diminished value when we got rear ended once. They offered $600. My calculations said $2000. We settled at $1000. :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Oh that sucks....Hope you folks and the other folks are ok. Trucks and crappy cars can be replaced.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is the second or third thread I've seen where a pretty new truck has been wrecked due to someone else's negligent driving... makes knots in my stomach.
I feel for you guys, think I'd still be in tears...
Glad everyone came out alive.

D

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts