Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about selling the Tundra and getting a Raptor. Not because i don't like the Tundra but because the Raptor guys have runs and events all the time across the country. The Tundra people don't ever do anything other than shows/meet-n-greets. How come there are no events for the Toyota peeps? The Raptor guys even invited me to one of their events - maybe they think they will show me that the Tundra is inferior, but I think I might surprise a few. Might get razzed a lot but I think my Tundra can hold its own against the Raptor.
I wish Toyota would build a specialty truck so the sponsors will pick it up like they do with the Raptors.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ill be honest....if my Tundra was outfitted like yours is I would seriously consider it...looks like you do a lot of high speed desert driving. Quite honestly of the Raptor had the towing capacity AND not cost 62K!!! I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Did they ever fix the rear bumpstop issue that was crushing the frame? I would look into that first!!

Reactions: Wacked and Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Do you like to just participate or organize such events? Sounds like an opportunity.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Thinking about selling the Tundra and getting a Raptor. Not because i don't like the Tundra but because the Raptor guys have runs and events all the time across the country. The Tundra people don't ever do anything other than shows/meet-n-greets. How come there are no events for the Toyota peeps? The Raptor guys even invited me to one of their events - maybe they think they will show me that the Tundra is inferior, but I think I might surprise a few. Might get razzed a lot but I think my Tundra can hold its own against the Raptor.
I wish Toyota would build a specialty truck so the sponsors will pick it up like they do with the Raptors.
So let me get this straight. You feel left out because nobody seems to want to play with you, so you're considering leaving what you like to try and find something more popular so you'l fit in with a social group?

Why are you basing your vehicle selling and buying on what other people are doing? Why not just stay with the Tundra because YOU like the Tundra, or sell the Tundra and buy a Raptor because YOU like the Raptor. Who GAF what anyone else is doing unless you have to "keep up with the Joneses" for your own socio-economic inferiority.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Ditto what danoh said.

You already stand out from the crowd with your truck. Don't try to blend into the crowd and follow the sheeple. Buy a Raptor if you really think it will be a better truck than what you currently have. If you want to go play with others and have been invited to the Raptor meets, then go for it. It will at least help your decision and maybe you can convince some of the Raptor sheeple to break out from the herd and buy a Tundra after seeing yours.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha - not trying to fit in anywere - it just cool that they have such a following and do a lot of these trips. Most Tundra owners are afraid to venture too far off the pavement. I like the fact the big names sponsor the events and they are all across the country. Don't see that in the Toyota world. I like the Raptor but like the Tundra better. I think with Toyota you get more bang for your buck. Most of the guys are real cool and will let a Toyota in if they are not full. I will go on a few and show them the Tundra can compete with their Raptors all day long. Just wish Toyota made a specialty truck with the following of the Raptor. I think its a lot of hype but still cool to see 25+ vehicles on a multi-day trip. Also easier to plan something knowing the truck can handle the trails planned. Without a specific built truck you never know what someone will show up with and have to worry about them the whole time. Happens in the Jeep world all the time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are in Vegas! I alway see Las Vegas Tundras doing meets and greets/events all the time on Facebook/Instagram. Ninja Ed and all of them are doing a great job getting into events and getting there name out there! Wish i was near Vegas to go check them out!

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
If that's the kind of things you want to get involved in and you're got a bunch of Tundra enthusiasts in your area, why not be the pioneer of doing similar things with other Tundra owners?
Once you got small group organized contact Toyota and see if they'd sponsor you and the events....just a thought :dunno:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I feel the same way lol. Don't worry February is around the corner. My buddies got tickets for next years football game.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
It would be cheaper to have RIjon fashion you some Ford emblems so you can slap them on your debadged Tundra and go to the Ford events incognito.

Go to the events in LV. So what happens there stays there :D

In defense of N2Deep and JC, maybe they just wanna meet new peoples. Maybe its not a truck thing but an event thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Taun I think maybe you should get a few more days this year and we can plan a trip to Death Valley.

I feel the same way lol. Don't worry February is around the corner. My buddies got tickets for next years football game.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Ogtoyfan
1 - 20 of 122 Posts