Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been hearing a rubbing type noise with my 2003 Toyota Tundra, come to find out I have piece broke inside my rear end, does anyone know if there has been a recall on any part in the rear end, or what could've caused this, my truck is a 2003 Tundra with 72,500 miles on it. Any help.

·
Registered
696 Posts
... come to find out I have piece broke inside my rear end.
LMAO... Sorry bro, I don't mean to make fun of your situation, but I read that and thought of a half-dozen real juvenile, stupid, but utterly hilarious things to say.

I won't go there though, I'll leave it up to guys like Adam Sandler. :D

My son has a 2003 with 85k miles on it and never had a problem or received a recall notice. Do a web search for "automotive recalls". I believe there's a site that lists all recalls by manufacturer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2003 Tundra 4x4 85,000 miles with noise in rear differential. Today they pull the pumpkin and say something went bad in the "locker" and $1500 for another one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Thing Here

Hello,

Did you ever figure out the cause? I know it's been a couple years, hopefully you get this. My '02 4wd tundra has a rubbing noise coming from the rear axle that started out mild at 41K and is now real loud at 51K. The local mech said it's the right wheel bearing. I don't get it since I've babied this truck. Once I get the rear axle fixed, I'm taking this truck in the woods and beating it senseless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts