Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got their wheels powdercoated semi gloss black or painted them semi gloss black?

I searched and found no pictures :(

What was the process for the powdercoat? I went to local powdercoat and he mentioned that he might not be able to do them because they might have clearcoat on them?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Any reputable powdercoater would be able to powdercoat them either way. I've had chrome rims powdercoated satin black and it came out great. Those were aluminum. Steel is ideal for powdercoating but aluminum can be done as well with great results. The process is media blast then powdercoat then bake. Simple. Paint can be done but will be nowhere near as durable even with proper prep.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
pretty sure aluminum.

If the pc place you are going to can't tell, or thinks he can't do them because they have clearcoat on them, you need to go somewhere else imo.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys

·
Registered
11 Posts
powdercoated limited

here they are powder coated black. I just bought another set because I want to go back to the oem hyper silver. looking for some black oem 20's?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pazorell what is the finish on that wheel? Looks awesome. Ive stared at it for a bit, looks like it began as chrome and has some sort of darkening on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts