Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
no prob. glad to help!!! I have a ton of updates, will have to post soon
I would love to see you do a dyno shootout between these 'tunes' out there that are basically just changing sensor input values and a stock truck before installing it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would love to see you do a dyno shootout between these 'tunes' out there that are basically just changing sensor input values and a stock truck before installing it.
Anyone test this yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a newbie....THANK YOU! That was a lot of information to digest. I am interested in putting the TRD dual exhaust on my truck. In your experience, does that change HP or Torque? I don't plan to remove the cats or change anything further upline at this time. Just wondering if its worth it and if it is actually an "upgrade".

·
Registered
205 Posts
As a newbie....THANK YOU! That was a lot of information to digest. I am interested in putting the TRD dual exhaust on my truck. In your experience, does that change HP or Torque? I don't plan to remove the cats or change anything further upline at this time. Just wondering if its worth it and if it is actually an "upgrade".

the trd cat back had too much drone for my tastes. call keith and get his cat back.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Does anyone know why hypertech support for their performance plug and play harness stopped for 2014?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
158 Posts
I did this on a couple of my older BMWs. The system came with a new thermostat switch that went in the radiator. How is this fan switched on and off?

·
Registered
44 Posts
this thread is worth reading!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Such great information on this thread. Thank you Dirty deeds. Hey on the header comparison. Was the same Bully Dog tune used w/the OBX/2.5 exhaust system? Or was that the stock tune. If it was the stock tune, was it ever measured with the same BD tune? The JBA, 3” system which got that amazing 49/89 hp/tq was with the with the JBA and no Bully Dog tune I believe. Was there testing of this system w/o the BD programming?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Such great information on this thread. Thank you Dirty deeds. Hey on the header comparison. Was the same Bully Dog tune used w/the OBX/2.5 exhaust system? Or was that the stock tune. If it was the stock tune, was it ever measured with the same BD tune? The JBA, 3” system which got that amazing 49/89 hp/tq was with the with the JBA and no Bully Dog tune I believe. Was there testing of this system w/o the BD programming?

Thank you!!
When comparing headers I did so with no tuner. And with tuner. Jba was the clear winner.

A tuner makes only a little difference when naturally aspirated as far as numbers. While it does in fact change driveability pretty dramatically.

·
Registered
233 Posts
When comparing headers I did so with no tuner. And with tuner. Jba was the clear winner.

A tuner makes only a little difference when naturally aspirated as far as numbers. While it does in fact change driveability pretty dramatically.
You did it like a true scientist. I live in CA, where you need a visual test, and I have been all pondering all possible options.
Thank you.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts