Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished off my overland camper build with the install of a Habitat camper by Adventure Trailers Overland Equipment. Just thought I would share some pics, because I am really happy with how everything turned out. Happy Trails!

Build info:
- 2013 SR5 4x4
- Smittybilt M1 Bumpers Front and Rear
- Smittybilt 12K Winch
- 7" BDS Lift
- 18" XD Misfit Rims
- 35"x12.5" BFG KO2 Load E
- 46 Gallon Transfer Flow Midship Replacement Gas Tank
- Bushwacker Fender Flares
- Rhino Lining Bed Liner
- Clazzio Leather Seat Covers
- Lockerdown Console Safe
- Adventure Trailers Habitat Camper Shell

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@ vanthesupreme....It is a replacement for the factory tank and sits in the same spot between the frame rails. It is just a lot bigger. Highly recommend it, it is nice to be able to go 600 miles on a tank.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Nice rig! (I can't show my wife, or she'll want one).

Do you still have the full height of the cap, inside, as you would if the additional space that holds the (folded) tent were not there?

That's a nice-looking front bumper. What brand/model is it? (And if you don't mind sharing, how much does one cost?)

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ToyotasForever...yes, you have the full bed and cap space when the camper is closed up. The tent folds totally flat under the lid. Then when the tent is deployed, you can stand up in the bed of the truck and access the cantilevered part of the tent from inside the truck bed (like a loft with an integrated mattress.

The bumpers are Smittybilt M1 bumpers. Front was about $1000, Rear was about $700.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
@ToyotasForever...yes, you have the full bed and cap space when the camper is closed up. The tent folds totally flat under the lid. Then when the tent is deployed, you can stand up in the bed of the truck and access the cantilevered part of the tent from inside the truck bed (like a loft with an integrated mattress.

The bumpers are Smittybilt M1 bumpers. Front was about $1000, Rear was about $700.
AZTrekker,

That's very cool, that you have the bed and under-cap space, available.

Damn! Those Smittybilt bumpers aren't cheap! But I'm betting you get what you pay for. And YOLO.

Thanks very much.

ToyotasForever

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ ToyotasForever....yeah I dropped some coin on the build. but I got a great deal on a 2013 Tundra with 60K miles on it that was owned by a 65 year old woman who babied it and just needed a vehicle with more seats to haul grandchildren around.

So with the truck and all the build mods, I am still under the cost of a new Tundra off the lot and since it is a Toyota, I am fully expecting to get 200K - 300K miles out of it. I also have a 2001 Tacoma with 200K miles and it still runs like new, so hopefully my Tundra rig will perform similarly.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where did you purchase the tank from and how much coin did it cost you?

@vanthesupreme...I bought the tank directly from Transfer Flow and had it delivered directly to a local shop who did the install for me. The tank lists for $1300. They also have an option to get it LineX coated which I got for free with a web special they were running (normally $175 adder). It wasn't cheap, but knowing I am not going to run out of gas when I am way in the backcountry is worth it to me. Plus not having to stop ever couple of hours for gas when on road trips is really nice.

Here is the link:
46 Gal. Toyota Tundra Midship Replacement Fuel Tank - Transfer Flow, Inc. - Aftermarket Fuel Tank Systems

1 - 14 of 14 Posts