Watch that drivetrain twist!!

Reactions: dikkie

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to see this pull from behind the shuttle. Since the Tundra didn't spin the tires or even squat that much, I think there's something behind the rig that gave a push to get the shuttle moving.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
What i'm curious about is how did the Tundra stop... did it just let off the gas and let the shuttle slow it down... or was there brakes on the trailer....
not to underestimate the capabilities of our trucks... but that trailer had A LOT of wheels... i'm pretty sure most other trucks could have done the same.. not that i'd be interested in any other truck..
But from what I understand Toyota donates a ton of money to Nasa so its only fair that nasa gave toyota this marketing opportunity...

Too bad Toyota didn't roll out some new unseen superduty diesel truck.. that would've a great way to introduce a new line of trucks!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the Tundra really didn't do any of the "pulling" at all, and that the trailer was engineered to operate under power assist. The portion of the route that the Tundra "pulled" waas due to a very slight grade in which the power assisted trailer could not do it on its own.

not sure how much truth is in that, but I remember reading that somewhere. Either way, it was a fantastic marketing opportunity and it sure rustled the jimmies of the domestic owners out there!

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the Tundra really didn't do any of the "pulling" at all, and that the trailer was engineered to operate under power assist. The portion of the route that the Tundra "pulled" waas due to a very slight grade in which the power assisted trailer could not do it on its own.

not sure how much truth is in that, but I remember reading that somewhere. Either way, it was a fantastic marketing opportunity and it sure rustled the jimmies of the domestic owners out there!
Did you not watch the video? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts

Watch the video, it will answer your question.

Reactions: riccnick and dikkie

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts

HELLO MCFLY....Geeze

Reactions: dikkie and riccnick

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
wow, relax gents. i did watch the video. It doesnt change what i read elsewhere :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts