Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just a pretty simple question I cant seem to find the answer to. My Tundra needs new headlights and mine came with the adjustable headlights. Will a set of non adjustable lights fit right in and hook up the same?

Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not sure if it can be wired, but if so when you have a load it will definitely effect the angle of your light beams.

2014 Tundra CrewMax

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Some brands you can swap over the motor assembly and keep the in-cab adjustment. The lights I swapped with came with motors.

You can also find used oem headlights at a pretty good deal normally, with motors.

To answer just the question you asked, yes, the aftermarket light assemblies without motors will plug in and work just fine, you will want to seal/tape up the motor plug.

Reactions: Dixon Cider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some brands you can swap over the motor assembly and keep the in-cab adjustment. The lights I swapped with came with motors.

You can also find used oem headlights at a pretty good deal normally, with motors.

To answer just the question you asked, yes, the aftermarket light assemblies without motors will plug in and work just fine, you will want to seal/tape up the motor plug.
Awesome! That pretty much answers it all for me. Unfortunately, I have not found many OEM replacements in stock except at Toyota which I refuse to pay that price. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Awesome! That pretty much answers it all for me. Unfortunately, I have not found many OEM replacements in stock except at Toyota which I refuse to pay that price. Thanks!
You're welcome!

Depending on your budget, I would suggest to keep an eye out here, or if you are on facebook, there are a few Tundra groups, and a Tundra classified group. Both frequently have take-off lights for a decent price. I have mine from my truck, however I am keeping them for a while. Just in case I decide to switch back or something. I got my new lights which are a blacked out oem style led light for mid $400's for the pair. And they still have the level motors.

Reactions: Dixon Cider
1 - 5 of 5 Posts